This classic roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is the perfect, minimal-effort side dish for your next dinner, holiday party, or potluck. Just toss the sprouts in a little oil, salt, and pepper, and roast until pleasantly crispy and aromatic; serve with toothpicks or appetizer forks. You can steam or even boil Brussels sprouts, but they may develop a bitter, sulfurous flavor if overcooked. Roast them only until they’re lightly toasted and some of the leaves have curled back and turned dark brown. This brings out the complex, savory flavors that make Brussels sprouts truly shine. If you think this recipe still needs a little more flavor, sprinkle your sprouts with a minced clove or two of raw garlic right after taking them out of the oven, turning them to evenly distribute. The heat from fresh-from-the-oven sprouts will tone down the piquancy of the raw garlic and leave you with a delicious, fragrant dish.
Brussels sprouts are an excellent, low-calorie source of vitamin C and K. Better yet, cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts contain compounds that activate the immune cells in the gut that help keep the intestinal walls healthy. Strong intestinal walls are essential to optimal nutrient absorption and immune function. Their beneficial effects also extend to reducing the risk of developing serious health conditions like heart disease and protecting DNA from damage.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- 1 ½ pounds fresh organic Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp organic avocado oil or olive oil
- Dash of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- Fresh ground organic black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees °F.
- Remove and discard any broken or browning Brussels sprouts leaves.
- Slice off the stem-end of the Brussels sprouts, if still attached.
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and toss until Brussels sprouts are evenly coated with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread Brussels sprouts in an even layer on your baking sheet and put it in the oven.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes. Keep an eye on your sprouts while they cook. Use a spatula to shift them around once or twice to help them brown evenly.
- When they’re ready, transfer the sprouts to a serving dish and serve hot.
- Add salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
What are your favorite cruciferous vegetables? Tell us in the comments below!
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)