I was first introduced to herbal teas while visiting my soon-to-be mother-in-law for the first time. It was a blustery winter day and we were all sitting around a table when she kindly offered me a cup of hot herbal tea. It was perfect – warm, sweet, and my body immediately felt the effects. Since then, my family drinks custom-blended herbal teas to boost our immune system, treat an ailment, or to help to relax and fall asleep. No matter what the season, herbal teas are wonderous – and in this case, Momma does know best!
After years of enjoying immune-boosting teas, I found there were teas for other ailments such as for sleep disorders and joint health. This lead me to further research this subject and drinking herbal teas for health is as old as time and could easily be hailed as the first health drink.
Tea is As Old As Time
Herbal teas date back thousands of years to ancient Egypt and China, where they would drink teas for its health promoting abilities. Egyptians, especially, would mix their tea with medications – to help the medicine go down. In ancient China, tea was discovered by happenstance when some wild leaves flew into a pot of boiling water.
According to legend, in 2732 B.C. Emperor Shen Nung discovered tea when leaves from a wild tree blew into his pot of boiling water. He was immediately interested in the pleasant scent of the resulting brew and drank some. Legend says the Emperor described a warm feeling as he drank the intriguing brew as if the liquid was investigating every part of his body.
Now, Eastern wisdom has taught the world of the health-promoting benefits tea have to boost health, assist in body functions, prevent chronic diseases before they become problematic, and are especially proactive in combating ailments such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Other common health benefits from drinking herbal tea include relaxation, anti-aging properties, pain reduction, weight loss, improvement in complexion, and the improvement of body systems (such as the digestive and immune system). It’s no wonder so many are turning to herbal tea infusions as a natural health booster.
Here are the top health benefits and the herbal teas that you should consume to get them.
Drinking Tea Daily is Natural Health Booster
- Teas is the ultimate health drink and fights chronic diseases. If you’re looking for an all-around health drink, look no further than herbal tea. Due to the polyphenols present in tea, studies have shown a result in a lower likelihood of cancer. Studies point to the polyphenols, flavonoids, and tannins that are present in herbal teas as the reasons for positive health benefits. Polyphenols work to widen the arteries, which can lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol levels and prevent blood clots.
- Herbal teas naturally clean and protect teeth. Infused herbal teas are a way to promote good dental health as it does not erode tooth enamel. Green tea. especially contains polyphenol antioxidant plant compounds that reduce plaque and help reduce cavities and gum disease. Tea may help reduce bad breath as well. “Japanese researchers have found that tea can decrease tooth loss,” Ardine said. “It changes the pH in your mouth when you drink it and that may be what prevents cavities.” Further, rinses can be made by preparing an herbal infused tea in the usual way, or by simply stirring herb powder into water. Hold the rinse in the mouth for a few seconds or up to several minutes, gargle, and spit out. A holistic mouth wash can be made of green tea, or the following herbs: cloves, cinnamon, peppermint, or echinacea. Brew a strong tea and place it in the refrigerator for up to a week and use as a mouthwash.
- Flavorfully hydrates the body. The warm water helps the body absorb the phytonutrients and healing abilities, as well as, providing hydration to the body. Because of the high presence of antioxidants in herbal teas, it works to eliminate free radicals throughout the body and prevent oxidative stress. his is especially good for those who are actively trying to detox their body. In a UK study by the Tea Advisory Board, hydration levels were compared in 21 individuals who drank four mugs of tea to those who drank the same amount of water and found remarkable results. The findings were that “drinking four to six mugs of tea a day is as good for keeping you hydrated as a liter of water.” In a separate article, one doctor notes, ” Drinking tea is actually better for you than drinking water. Water is essentially replacing fluid. Tea replaces fluids and contains antioxidants so it’s got two things going for it.”
- Tea is beneficial for your digestive system because it can absorb gas, improve blood flow to the entire digestive tract and eliminate free radicals that can cause an upset stomach and indigestion. Herbal teas have phenols that can strengthen both stomach muscles and the muscles in your esophagus, which can reduce acid reflux and heartburn symptoms. Teas also enable your digestive tract to more easily absorb nutrients. (reword)
- Relax and unwind. There’s a psychology to drinking to tea where people often feel it’s relaxing properties. As one article explains, the combination of warmth, aroma, and health properties boost mental and physical states of the body and there is science to back it up.
Tea has been around for generations and many of us are starting to see the ways it enhances our lives. If there is an improvement you want to make for your health, there is undoubtedly a tea to help. Drinking herbal teas will not only help to improve your health, but it can also be a healthier choice compared to sugar-ridden drinks like soda and coffee runs. Make the choice to commit to a healthier you and start with drinking one cup of herbal tea a day.
Great tasting teas with amazing health benefits
Try our Ready Nutrition Custom Tea Blends and drink to your health!
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).