In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Erica Dhawan. Erica is a globally recognized leadership expert and keynote speaker who helps organizations and leaders innovate faster and further together. She’s also the author of a new book: Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust and Connection, No Matter the Distance.
Humans rely on body language to connect and build trust, but with most of our communication now happening from behind a screen, the traditional body language signals are no longer visible — or are they?
In this episode, Erica Dhawan talks about how to communicate and connect from behind a screen. When you’re on video, it’s much harder to not only see what’s going on and read those signals of others but also to show empathy. Erica shares a few practical tips around how you can create trust and connection, even on the video Zoom call.
Questions I Ask Erica Dhawan:
- [1:47] What are the distinct differences between digital body language and the body language that we’re used to sitting across the desk or in a room?
- [3:31] Are there body language differences or things that people should be paying attention to or watching out for?
- [8:07] What role if somebody doesn’t know you at all, you better over-communicate —is there a scale on that?
- [9:56] How do you connect with body language in the digital space?
- [13:36] What role do generational differences or even cultural differences play in a disability to communicate?
- [15:32] Is there such thing as digital mansplaining?
- [16:07] So what are the handful of bad habits that you see all the time that people just need to stop doing?
- Her book — Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust and Connection, No Matter the Distance
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered by Duct Tape Marketing
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.
If you are a consultant or agency or coach, do any of these points ring true: do you have trouble getting in front of enough ideal clients? Are you constantly being forced to compete on price? Are you working too hard and not making enough money?
I’ve got a free book for you. It’s called the 7 steps to scale your practice or agency without adding overhead. If you want to grow your practice, it doesn’t have to be that hard. Download a copy for yourself here.
Bio: John Jantsch is a marketing consultant and author of Duct Tape Marketing[www.ducttapemarketing.com] and The Referral Engine[www.referralenginebook.com] and the founder of the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.[www.ducttapemarketingconsultant.com]
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.