The dedicated website (www.praybenedictus.com) tells us what subscribers will find in each monthly booklet:
A sample issue is available at the Benedictus website.
(1) For newbies: there are NO PAGE TURNS required with Benedictus. The whole Mass — full Ordinary and Propers in parallel Latin and English — is laid out, in order, FOR EACH SUNDAY. No bookmarks or ribbons necessary. For someone who is just getting into the TLM, or someone who might on a certain occasion prefer an easy-to-use book (e.g., a mother with small children to mind), or when you invite a friend or relative and want something to hand to them, this could be a life-saver.
(2) For training kids up to their big hand missal: no more fussing in the pews as five kids simultaneously try to figure out where the propers are… or give up and start daydreaming…
(3) For introducing the family to the Breviary (and warming up one’s spouse to the prospect of eventually plunking down several hundred for a full Breviary!), or, as mentioned, for enriching home prayer time with chants and prayers, which will vary from month to month, following the traditional calendar.
(4) For liturgically-themed table readings at, or before, or after dinner, or at the time of the Rosary, etc. The commentary/reflections from classic authors in each issue of Benedictus will be one of its strongest features, because no hand missal will have this variety of sources, keyed to the traditional liturgical calendar as it unfolds year to year.
(5) As a daily devotional: one of the most promising aspects of Benedictus will be its fittingness as a daily devotional, filled with the contemplative insights of authors who drank deeply from the Church’s ancient liturgical rites. Even the sample issue includes such standouts as Aquinas and De Montfort, Cyril and Thomas a Kempis, as well as devotional writers that were household names just a few generations ago: Gueranger, Goffine, and Schuster.
To all the above: “Yes, please!”
Moreover, generous bulk discounts are available for parishes, so it would be very worthwhile for groups of laity, families, clergy, religious, to get together and place a larger order. Sophia is shipping free bulk boxes of the March sample issue, in any quantity, to any church or chapel that asks, so email them (HERE) to request a crate for your own location. They will ship out at the end of February in order to arrive in time for the March week that the sample contains.
Visit the website for more information, to see a sample issue, to read the endorsements (Archbishop Viganò, Bishop Schneider, Bishop Strickland, Fr. James Jackson, FSSP, Fr. Armand de Malleray, FSSP, Canon Matthew Talarico, ICKSP, and Michael Matt), or, most importantly, to SUBSCRIBE.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.