Monday was one of those days when I wished I lived the same life as my dog.
Maggie’s Monday was easy.
She woke up, happy and ready to go, without an alarm clock. Took a run with us around the track, chasing birds, eating grass, and finding baseballs on the field.
After 30 minutes of running and playing, she came inside and panted for a few minutes before chowing down on an ice cube and a bowl of dog food.
After breakfast, we said goodbye to Nick, stopping for a minute to wave in the dining room window at him as he backed down the driveway, just like we do every Monday and Thursday.
She makes one run to the front door to watch him leave, then settles near my feet on the kitchen rug while I get my breakfast ready. As I head to the front of the house to work, she follows, her eyes already sleepy, and curls up on her blanket beside me while I start a long 8 hours of work.
She fidgets in her sleep, just like I do. Flipping, adjusting, huffing and puffing until she’s comfortable again. Sometimes, I catch her dreaming – her feet start moving and there are tiny growls and barks, and I know that she’s chasing something fun.
Three or four hours of work go by and she’s ready for a break. We head outside for some fetch in the yard before I make my lunch. Then it’s back to cuddling for her until around 4 when she goes crazy from being inside all day. I listen to her run as fast as she can around the house, throwing her toys around, sliding across the kitchen floor, stopping to stare at me, asking me to play.
Once Nick is home, I am no longer interesting.
She can’t contain her energy when she hears him coming in the door. Flying around the corner to the kitchen, she meets him with the cutest little growls and moves around his feet, waiting for him to pick her up or chase her for a few minutes.
After some play time with Nick, it’s dinner time. Then more crazy time, and finally, night time cuddles on the couch.
Sounds like the perfect day, right? Over and over and over.
Every day is her best day, ever. Until tomorrow.
I think I could handle days like hers…but I would be sad if I didn’t get to have these crepes. A life full of dog food wouldn’t be my first choice, but the no worries and endless naps might convince me.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes
Makes: 10-12 crepes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Whisk the eggs together with the milk and water.
- Mix in the buckwheat and coconut flours, stirring until the flour is combined.
- Add the oil and whisk again to help the oil into the batter.
- Let the batter sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight, in the fridge, if you can.
- Once you’re ready to cook the crepes, put a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a small touch of oil.
- Pour about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter into the pan and quickly swirl it around, letting the batter move to the edges until you have formed a round crepe in the bottom of the pan.
- Let the crepe cook 3-5 minutes until the bottom side is golden and it’s easy to pick up and flip over.
- Gently flip the crepe onto the second side and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- While you are cooking the crepes, dice the strawberries and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and milk, starting with just 1 Tbsp, until everything is combined and you are able to drizzle the mixture from a spoon.
- Once the crepes are finished, spoon a little of the cream cheese mixture down the center of the crepe, top with strawberries, roll up and top with more cream cheese and berries before serving.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)