This dessert is for chocolate lovers – an expression of decadence! Sokolatopita is what Greeks call this syrup drenched chocolate cake.
It contains cocoa powder, then the cake is drenched as Greeks do, with a syrup contains that contains chocolate as well. For fear of anyone saying this doesn’t have enough chocolate, it’s topped with a chocolate ganache.
The first time I had this dessert was at a patisserie on the island of Milos. Apparently Sokolatopita is a “”thing” on the island of Milos.
I’ve had this dessert numerous times since but that one (in Milos) was the most memorable. My recipe comes very close to that first Sokolatopita and if you love chocolate, you’ll love this!
- For the syrup, add water, sugar and cocoa powder into a pot over medium heat. Stir until cocoa has dissolved. Once the syrup comes to a boil, take off the heat. Add chocolate, stir in until melted. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add semolina, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder in a bowl, stir, set aside.
To a mixer, add oil, sugar, salt and beat until white (about 5 minutes).
Add eggs one at time then add milk and vanilla.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet.
Grease your pan, empty batter in pan. Bang the pan a couple of times.
Place in preheated 350F oven for 35-40 mins. Insert a toothpick in center of cake to check doneness. Place back in oven at 10 minutes and test again.
- Once caked is baked, use a toothpick or wooden skewer to poke holes into the cake. Using a ladle, power syrup all over the cake. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the ganache topping, place chocolate pieces in a bowl. Add the cream into a pot and place over medium heat. Once the cream begins to boil, take off heat and pour over the chocolate.
- Add the vanilla and leave it alone for 5 minutes. Now begin stirring with a spatula until amalgamated.
- Pour ganache over cooled cake, smooth over with an offset spatula. Place cake in the fridge for minimum 3 hours before serving.
- To get nice sharp slices, heat your knife on your stovetop and slice into square pieces. A scoop of ice cream is a wonderful complement.
© 2021, Peter Minaki. All rights reserved.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.