CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Eight members of a drug trafficking ring operating in and around Union County were handed down sentences ranging from 30 to 300 months in prison today, announced William T. Stetzer, Acting U.S. Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina.
According to court filings, plea documents, and statements made in court, the eight defendants are members of the Garcia Family drug trafficking organization (DTO). Over the course of the investigation, which began in April 2019, the defendants operated as a drug conspiracy and trafficked narcotics, including heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine, in Union County and surrounding areas and involving the seizure of more than 16 kilograms of methamphetamine. The eight defendants were sentenced as follows:
- Elio Garcia Godinez, 32, of Monroe, N.C. was sentenced to 300 months in prison and five years of supervised release.
- Ivan Jardon Trujillo, 48, of Monroe, N.C. was sentenced to 156 months in prison and five years of supervised release.
- Ivan Trujillo Garcia, 23, of Monroe, N.C. was sentenced to 87 months in prison and four years of supervised release.
- Eleonel Castrejon Garcia, 24, of Monroe, N.C. was sentenced to 120 months in prison and five years of supervised release.
- Estefani Garcia Sandoval, 26, of Monroe, N.C. was sentenced to 30 months in prison and two years of supervised release.
- Luis David Bravo, 47, of Monroe, N.C. was sentenced to 60 months in prison and two years of supervised release.
- Miguel Benitez Castrejon, 40, of Monroe, N.C. was sentenced to 97 months in prison and two years of supervised release.
- Matilde Isaias Cruz Portillo, 36, of Atlanta, Georgia, was sentenced to 84 months in prison and two years of supervised release.
In making today’s announcement, Acting U.S. Attorney Stetzer praised the outstanding efforts of the FBI, ATF, DEA, the Monroe Police Department and the Union County Sheriff’s Office for their investigation which led to today’s outcome. Acting U.S. Attorney Stetzer also noted the assistance provided by ICE – Enforcement & Removal Operations and the Wadesboro Police Department.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Erik Lindahl of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Charlotte prosecuted the case.
This effort is part of an Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) operation. OCDETF identifies, disrupts, and dismantles the highest-level criminal organizations that threaten the United States using a prosecutor-led, intelligence-driven, multi-agency approach. Additional information about the OCDETF Program can be found at https://www.justice.gov/OCDETF.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.