Not a perfect union but a good one, and as Voltaire warned, “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.” We sense America is about to experience one of its biggest tests with the upcoming 2024 general election. Can the center hold?
We must remain watchful, alert, and proactive to maintain and safeguard our liberties. It serves as a reminder that freedom and the rights we enjoy require active and ongoing effort to protect them from threats and encroachments. Be vigilant.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty – Thomas Jefferson (maybe)
Here is Chat GPT’s chronology of events leading up to America’s Independence Day:
The Declaration of Independence, one of the most significant documents in American history, was created through a collaborative process involving several key figures. Here’s a brief overview of how it came to be:
- Growing Dissatisfaction: In the years leading up to the Declaration, tensions between the American colonies and Great Britain were mounting. The colonists felt increasingly oppressed by British policies, such as taxation without representation and restrictions on their freedoms.
- The Continental Congress: In response to these grievances, the Second Continental Congress was convened in Philadelphia in May 1775. Initially, the purpose of the Congress was to address the ongoing conflict with Britain and find a resolution.
- Drafting a Declaration: As the Revolutionary War escalated, the idea of declaring independence gained traction. On June 7, 1776, Richard Henry Lee of Virginia presented a resolution in the Continental Congress, stating that “these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent states.” This resolution sparked a vigorous debate on the matter.
- Committee of Five: On June 11, 1776, a committee was appointed to draft a formal declaration. The committee, known as the Committee of Five, consisted of John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Roger Sherman, and Robert R. Livingston. Thomas Jefferson, an eloquent writer, was assigned the primary responsibility of drafting the document.
- Jefferson’s Draft: Thomas Jefferson penned the initial draft of the Declaration of Independence in a matter of days. He drew inspiration from various sources, including Enlightenment thinkers such as John Locke, who emphasized natural rights and the consent of the governed.
- Revisions and Edits: Jefferson’s draft was reviewed and edited by the other members of the Committee of Five and then presented to the Continental Congress on June 28, 1776. The Congress debated and made numerous changes, resulting in a revised version.
- Final Approval: After further revisions, the Continental Congress adopted the final version of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The document was officially signed by members of the Congress on August 2, 1776.
- Circulation and Impact: The Declaration of Independence was widely circulated throughout the colonies, rallying support for the cause of independence and inspiring people to join the revolutionary movement. Its powerful language and assertion of unalienable rights resonated with many and helped shape the American identity.
The Declaration of Independence proclaimed the colonies’ separation from Great Britain and laid the foundation for the establishment of the United States of America. It remains an enduring symbol of American values and ideals, including liberty, equality, and self-determination.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).