March 27th, 2019
By Nick Polizzi
Guest Writer for Wake Up World
Ever wondered why certain plants are considered weeds and others are deemed worthy of keeping around?
The herbalists that we work with would tell you there’s no such thing as a “weed”, and that often times the wild plants that sprout up in our well-groomed backyards are encroaching on our lives because we need them.
Today, I want to focus on a bright and cheery superherb that has been aiding humans for thousands of years but somehow gets a bad rap here in the United States. My 6-year-old son is so enchanted by these common flowers that he has coined his own nick-name for them – “wish-makers.”
You might know them as dandelions.
From the spring through early summer and again in the fall, dandelions pop up all over our lawn – but they’re usually weed-whacked away like unwanted pests. What many don’t realize is that they’re destroying a medicinal powerhouse that their bodies often need.
The word dandelion comes from the French “Dent de lion” or “lions tooth,” a reference to their incisor-patterned leaves.
In France, a centuries-old heritage of herbalism plays a large part in their legendary cuisine. Because of its versatility, both as a food and a medicine, the dandelion is a cherished ingredient in prized dishes from Paris to Marseille.
Recommended articles by Nick Polizzi:
- 3 Powerful Indigenous Herbs from North America
- The Power of Fasting
- How to Detox Your Body With Oil Pulling
- The Dalai Lama’s Morning Prayer
- Three Ancient Beauty Secrets You’ve Never Heard Of
- Jesus Did It, Buddha Did It, Muhammad Did It – The Healing Tradition of Fasting
- The Art of Smudging: A Shamanic Cleansing Ritual
- Sacred Science: A Jungle Healing Technique You Can Use Anywhere
- Wired for Tribe
- 3 Wild Herbs for Lucid Dreaming
- Eye Gazing — An Exercise for Soul Vision
- A Sunrise Prayer to Start Your Day
- A Native Smoke Ritual For Renewal and Clarity
- 3 Ancient Medicines That Already Live In Your Home
- A Breathing Exercise to Take You Higher
- A Healing Soup Recipe to Warm Your Soul
FACEBOOK]: http://www.facebook.com/joinwakeupworld (An interactive community of over 3,700,000)
[GOOGLE PLUS]: https://plus.google.com/112452105795129310867/posts
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.