What’s that tantalizing smell wafting from your kitchen? Oh, doll, that’s paleo crockpot turkey chili. No longer a closeted meat-eater (learn more about why I no longer am vegan after 8 years #sorrynotsorry), this recipe is a staple for myself and Aaron. Hearty, protein-rich, and bursting with vegetables, it is a great entree to make before a busy week, or simply to feed your growing family.
First of all, thank you, God, for crockpots and Instapots. Other busy folks out there are singing the same praise. You can prepare this recipe in 15-20 minutes, put it on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours, and your food will be guaranteed cooked and incredibly tasty. To make this recipe…
- Start off by cooking off 1 lb of ground turkey
- Add the chopped vegetables
- Open 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes and empty into the crockpot
- Add seasonings and spices
- Set on Low or High, and set a time for when to check back in
VARIATIONS TO YOUR CHILI RECIPE:
As with all chili recipes, you can vary the veggies and spices to your preferences. I love adding some chopped sweet potatoes, but regular chopped potatoes would also work. You are starting to move away from a traditional chili recipe and more towards a stew, but I really like to try new things. I have also made a variation of this completely meatless, with the potatoes and it was amazing!
LOW FODMAP VERSION:
- Use garlic or onion-infused oil instead of garlic and onions. Saute garlic and onion, large enough pieces to remove, in olive oil for a few minutes. Remove the garlic and onion and use the oil.
- Sliced or diced avocado
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Grain-free tortilla chips
- Chopped onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Chopped olives
- Chopped green onions
- Jalapeno slices
- Sliced radishes
TIPS AND TECHNIQUES:
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker (crockpot).
- Add some chopped sweet potatoes.
- Can I substitute the turkey for another meat? Yes, ground beef or ground chicken would work perfectly.
- Can I cook the turkey in the slow cooker? Yes, but I recommend cooking on the stove in a saute pan first.
Paleo Crockpot Turkey Chili (Easy)
This hearty and nourishing chili can be left in the crockpot so it’s warm for dinner when you return home.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- l large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 inch onion chopped (yellow or red will work)
- 2 cups chopped diced peppers (about 1/2 of a red and 1/2 of a green) pepper (could use yellow also). Shortcut: use frozen sliced peppers and chop them.
- 1 cup celery, chopped and diced (about 5 large stalks)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped and diced (about 5 large carrots) Shortcut: use frozen sliced carrots.
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 28 ounce can fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic until translucent in 1 tablespoon olive oil, about 5 minutes. Keep a close watch to make sure onion and garlic don’t burn.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and brown and cook turkey until no longer pink.
- Add turkey mixture and all other ingredients into your slow cooker. Stir the ingredients to combine. Then put on the lid and set the temperature.
- I cook this two ways – on high for 3-4 hours if I want/need it sooner, or 6-8 hours on low if I have the time to wait. Both ways are great.
Source: Life In Bloom
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.