High pressure will result in drier and cooler weather persisting over the area through the early part of the week. Moisture and temperatures will increase mid to late week to gradually support a return of mainly afternoon and evening thunderstorms.
Carrion Tree Service is underwriting Macon Media for today. they are a fully licensed and insured tree service, specializing in dangerous tree removal, view clearing, pruning, and crane services with a 24 Hour emergency response.
Their phone number is 371-4718.
They can handle all your tree removal needs in good or bad weather.
FORECAST THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Areas of fog in the morning. Otherwise, mostly cloudy through midmorning, then gradual clearing, with highs ranging from the low-to-mid70s in the higher elevations to the low-to-mid 80s in the lower elevations. Light and variable winds.
Mostly clear, with lows in the 50s. Calm winds.
Sunny, with highs ranging from the mid-70s in the higher elevations to the mid-80s in the lower elevations. Light and variable winds.
A 20 percent chance of showers after 2am. Mostly clear, with lows ranging from the upper 50s in the higher elevations to the lower 60s in the lower elevations. Calm winds.
A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with highs ranging from the low-to-mid 70s in the higher elevations to the low-to-mid 80s in the lower elevations. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm, then a chance of showers between 10pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with lows in the60s. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Hazardous weather is not expected today.
Today’s pollen county is 8.9 out of 12. in the Orange range. The main culprits for allergies will be Ragweed, Chenopods, and Gasses. Tomorrow is expected to be about the same or a little higher.
Most of Macon County, including the ridges, will be in the upper range of green today.
—BEGIN SPONSOR SEGMENT —
Adams Products, a Division of Oldcastle is underwriting the daily weather briefing & public safety updates for the month.
Open 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, M-F, located at 895 Hickory Knoll Road, Franklin, NC.
All your masonry needs are available. Our phone number is 828.524.8545, the public is welcome, we’ll help you with your next project.
—END SPONSOR SEGMENT—
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Mon Sep 7 2020
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on newly formed Tropical Depression Seventeen, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure located between the west coast of Africa and the Cabo Verde Islands are showing signs of organization. Environmental conditions are conducive for additional development, and a tropical depression is likely to form today while the system moves generally westward toward the Cabo Verde Islands. Interests in those islands should monitor the progress of this system as gusty winds and locally heavy rainfall are likely to begin spreading over the area later today. A Tropical Storm Watch or Warning could be required for the Cabo Verde Islands later this morning.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…high…90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
2. A trough of low pressure located just south-southwest of Bermuda is producing disorganized cloudiness and showers. Some slow development of this system is possible this week while it moves west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent.
3. A new tropical wave is forecast to emerge off the west coast of Africa by the middle to latter part of this week. Some gradual development will be possible thereafter while the system moves generally westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent.
Centers for Disease Control [LINK]
175,815 Detected Cases
10,739 Detected in the Last 7 Days
1,693 Detected Cases per 100,000 population
27 Reported Deaths per 100,000 population
2,889 Reported Deaths
172,209 Detected Cases out of 2,347,837 tests
2,803 Reported Deaths
858 Reported Current Hospitalizations
176,901 Detected Cases
2,809 Reported Deaths
New York Times North Carolina Coronavirus Map and Case Count [LINK]
Data from Macon County Public Health as of yesterday afternoon and graph by Macon Media of data from May 30th to last Friday
Please note there is a gap for Saturdays and Sundays since the health department will no longer be reporting numbers on those days.
556 Detected Cases (+2 in one day)12 Active Positive (-6 in one day)537 Recovered (+8 in one day)7 Deaths (unchanged)Testing Data for Macon County5122 MCPH Tests (+42 in one day)1867 Tests by Others (unchanged)6989 Total Tests (+42 in one day)106 Tests Pending Results (+41 in one day)CROWDFUNDING OR DAY SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIESIf you receive value from what Macon Media provides to the community, please consider becoming a supporter and contribute at least a dollar a month. Those who support Macon Media with at least a dollar a month receive early access to video of some events and meetings before they are made public on the website. Videos and news involving public safety are not subject to early access.Become a Patron!Or, if you prefer Pay Pal, try PayPal.me/MaconMediaPublished at 4:50am on Monday, September 7, 2020
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed
Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans
toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification,
mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter
radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.