- 1990 – The San Diego Padres took a 3-0 lead in the first inning but never scored again as the Pirates came back for a 4-3, 14-inning win at Jack Murphy Stadium. Jay Bell broke a 3-3 tie when he chased home Jose Lind with the winning run, his second RBI of the contest. Andy Van Slyke’s two-run homer in the sixth was the Buccos big blow. Bob Patterson earned the win in relief after tossing three scoreless frames.
|Don Slaught – 1993 Donruss|
- 1993 – Don Slaught had himself a day with two homers and seven RBI as he led the Pirates to a 10-9 win in the lidlifter of a twinbill with Cincinnati at Riverfront Stadium. Orlando Merced banged out four hits, scoring three times and plating a pair. Dave Otto got the win after relieving Zane Smith; Blas Minor earned a hold and Stan Belinda got the save. It was the first doubleheader for the Bucs since September of 1991; 1992 was the first season in the 20th century that the Buccaneers didn’t play two. The second game saw the Red bats continue to smoke in a 9-1 decision over the Pirates.
- 2002 – The Pirates were run over by the Brewers at PNC Park by a 12-6 count, but did their share to help break the MLB record for homers hit in a day when 53 batters blasted 62 long balls. The Bucs hit four – Kevin Young, Jack Wilson, Abraham Nunez and Adam Hyzdu all went long in the loss. For Wilson, Nunez and Hyzdu, it was their first home run of the season.
- 2004 – Jason Bay drove in eight runs for the second time in his career with a homer and three doubles as the Bucs mashed the Brewers 13-2 in the nitecap of a twi-lite DH sweep at PNC Park. He fell one short of Johnny Rizzo’s single-game RBI mark of nine for the franchise, set in 1939. Josh Fogg worked into the seventh to record the win. Pittsburgh took the opener 8-1 behind Ollie Perez, who punched out 11 in seven frames, supported by CF Tony Alvarez, who homered and doubled to chase home four runs.
- 2012 – The middle of the Pirate order was on fire against the Astros at PNC Park, leading the way to an 11-2 win. Andrew McCutchen, Garrett Jones, Neil Walker and Casey McGehee went 12-for-20 with five doubles, two homers, nine runs scored and 10 RBI. James McDonald got the win with help from Jared Hughes.
|Fraze – 2019 Topps on Demand|
- 2019 – Adam Frazier had himself a night at PNC Park. Reinserted back into the leadoff spot after being dropped to the 7-8 spots in the order, he followed a 5-for-6 game with a 4-for-4 night, hitting a three-run homer and scoring three times to lead the Bucs to a 5-1 win over the Cubs. The game was just three innings old when a two-hour rain delay hit; both teams had to switch starters after the down time. The Pirates used six pitchers to get through the game, with Clay Holmes getting the win, his second career MLB victory. As for Fraze, he became the first Buc to bang out seven straight hits since Freddy Sanchez in 2009 and the first to have back-to-back four-or-more-hits games since Neil Walker in 2015. He also jumped his BA from .254 before the two games to .276 after the hit barrage.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)