Game: After a welcome couple of days of down time, the Bucs are in Cincy’s Great American Ball Park for the first meeting of the campaign against the Redlegs. Cincinnati is treading water, like much of the division, hanging out around the .500 mark at 8-10. The game starts at 5:10 and will be carried by AT&T SportsNet & 93.7 The Fan.
Lineup: Adam Frazier 2B, Kevin Newman SS, Josh Bell DH, Colin Moran 1B, Bryan Reynolds LF, Gregory Polanco RF, Eric Gonzalez 3B, Jarrod Dyson CF, Jake Stallings C and Trevor Willams P.
|Willy leads the Bucs back into action – image Pittsburgh Pirates|
Pitchers: RHP Trevor Williams (0-3, 3.52) v RHP Anthony DeSclafani (1-0, 0.00). Willy is coming off a strong start against the Twins, lasting seven innings and 98 pitches. He’s been pretty good against the Reds, going 5-2/2.93 in a dozen mound trips (nine starts). Sclafani came of the IL and spun six shutout innings upon his return, masterfully mixing whiffs and grounders. He’s been so-so against Pittsburgh, going 2-6/4.35 lifetime with 13 starts under his belt.
- RHP Kela Keone was activated for the Reds series and recently optioned LHP Miguel Del Pozo was DFA’ed.
- And yes, more moves during the break: Big Joe Musgrove was placed on 10-day IL (note to medicos – plz bubble wrap the pitchers) with tricep inflammation to go with his sore ankle. The Pirates claimed soon-to-be 30 years-old RHP Nick Tropeano off waivers from the Yankees and sent him to their Altoona camp. The righty has a slash of 12-14/4.51 over 42 outings (39 starts) with the Astros and Angels.
|No Big Joe for awhile – photo 2018 Pgh Pirates|
- On the injury front for hurlers, Kyle Crick is throwing side sessions, but Mitch Keller hasn’t even begun to soft toss yet. In more not-very-good news, Clay Holmes (forearm strain) has been transferred from the 10-day IL to the 45-day list, so his season is likely shot, too. It was determined that Nick Burdi won’t need surgery but rest (with the key disclaimer “at this time”); in 10-12 weeks he’ll be reevaluated
- The Bucs have started out a franchise-worse 3-13 record just once before in team history, in 1952. Billy Meyers’ “Rickey’s-Dinks” ended the year at 42-112 (.273) and in last place, 54-1/2 games behind Brooklyn.
- Charlie Morton, ol’ Bucco and current Ray, landed on the IL with an inflamed shoulder. C Kevan Smith, former Pitt QB, was waived by Tampa. He cleared and is on the minor-league roster.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.