Today’s Game: It’s a 7:05 start and will be on AT&T SportsNet & 93.7 The Fan.
Lineup: Adam Frazier 2B; Ke’Bryan Hayes 3B; Bryan Reynolds CF; Colin Moran 1B; Gregory Polanco RF; Kevin Newman SS; Michael Perez C; Ka’ai Tom LF; Tyler Anderson P. Perez and Tom in; Stallings and Gamel out.
Pitchers: LHP Tyler Anderson (3-5/4.67) takes on RHP Tony “Goose” Gonsolin. Tyler has come back to earth after a sizzling start, but he’s still effective in his role (spoiler: it’s not as an ace), especially when his change is on. He’s started 14 times against LA, being an old Western Division workhorse, with a 3-6/4.69 line against Big Blue. Gonsolin is making his first start of the year. He’s been on the IL with a shoulder issue and just finished up his AAA rehab stint. In parts of two years, he’s gone 6-4/2.60 and finished fourth in the NL Rookie of the Year vote in 2020. This is his first outing against Pittsburgh.
|Ka’ai back in left tonight – photo Pittsburgh Pirates|
- The doubles machine is back in business: The Pirates have collected at least one extra-base hit in a season-high 15 straight games. Leading the charge is Fraze, who as of today leads all MLB players not only in hits (77), but also doubles (21). B-Rey’s 17 two-baggers (#7 MLB) and nine homers help the cause, too.
- Speaking of Frazier, he’s hit safely in 11 straight games, one shy of his personal-best 12 straight cobbled together earlier this season.
- Michael Perez has hit safely in four of his last five starts behind the plate, going 5-for-16 with two homers and four RBI. Six of his 10 hits have gone for extra bases (four homers and two doubles, including his first ever pinch-hit dinger last night).
- Ke’Bryan Hayes had a PC before the game and said basically “I missed the base, my bad. I’m moving on.” Bucco rookies and first base at PNC Park in June, sheesh.
- LHP Stephen Brault is throwing side sessions and is doing limited work off the mound. RHP Trevor Cahill is pretty much ready to go.
- RHP Miguel Yajure is out due to ulnar neuritis, which is basically nerve irritation, with nothing found involving any structural damage to the elbow. He’ll be out for at least the rest of the month. Rule 5 RHP José Soriano’s elbow was examined and the staff identified new damage that occurred after his TJ surgery, and he’ll get a second opinion – he may need to go back to the chop shop. Jose was on a rehab assignment before the newest setback and will remain on the 60-day IL.
Tomorrow’s Game: The getaway game starts at 12:35 and will be on AT&T SportsNet, MLB on YouTube Live and KDKA 100.1 FM|1020 AM. Mitch Keller closes the series against Julio Urias.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.