To most of us, our pets are family and we would never leave them in a disaster. When disaster strikes, will your pets be ready?
In this video, City Prepping discusses simple steps you can take now to ensure your pet’s safety.
Create an emergency kit for your pet
Prepare an emergency kit for your pet ahead of time.
- Purchase a pet carrier for each of your pets (write your pet’s name, your name, and contact information on each carrier).
- Food and water for at least 2 weeks for each pet
- For cats: litter box and litter
- For dogs: plastic bags for poop
- Medications for at least 2 weeks
- Medical records, including record of vaccination for rabies and other diseases, prescription medications, and medical history.
- Sturdy leashes or harnesses
- Microchip number
- Contact information (cell phone, work phone, home phone) of the owner and close relative or friends
Practice evacuating your pet
- Train your pets to be in their carriers by making it a comfortable place.
- Practice transporting your pet by taking them for rides in a vehicle similar to one you would be evacuating in. If you do not have a car, make arrangements with neighbors, family, and friends. You can also contact your local government to learn about transportation options during a disaster.
- Know where your pet might hide when stressed or scared. Practice catching your pet, if needed.
- For cats, you can practice removing your cat from his/her hiding spot and using your cat’s carrier, a pillowcase, a sturdy box — anything to get your cat quickly out of harm’s way.
- Have your entire family practice evacuating with your pets so everyone knows what to take, where to find the pets, and where to meet.
- Photocopied veterinary records
- Rabies certificate
- Medical summary
- Prescriptions for medications
- Most recent heartworm test result (dogs)
- Most recent FeLV/FIV test result (cats)
- Photocopied registration information (ex: proof of ownership or adoption records)
- Pet description(s) (ex: breed, sex, color, weight)
- Recent photographs of each of your pets
- Waterproof container for documents
- Microchip information (ex: microchip number, name and number of the microchip company)
- Your contact information (phone numbers and addresses for your family and friends or relatives you may be staying with)
- Pet boarding instructions Cdc-pdf[PDF – 2 pages]
Water, Food, Medications
- 2-week supply of food for each animal stored in waterproof containers
- 2-week supply of water for each animal
- Non-spill food and water dishes
- Manual can opener
- Feeding instructions for each animal
- 2-week supply of any medications (if applicable)
- Medication instructions (if applicable)
- 1-month supply of flea, tick, and heartworm preventative
- Leash, collar with ID, and harness
- Litter and litterbox (cats)
- Appropriate-sized pet carrier with bedding, blanket, or towel
- Pet first aid book and first aid kit
- Cleaning supplies for accidents (paper towels, plastic bags, disinfectant)
You should consider adding these supplements to your emergency 1st Aid kit!
Click the banners below:
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.