OKLAHOMA—Who says Republicans don’t have a sense of humor. Senator Nathan Dahm of Oklahoma has submitted SB1473, otherwise known as the Piers Morgan Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act.
Piers Morgan La Fey is, of course, the CNN talk show host who screams about guns without knowing anything about the Second Amendment.
According to a report by FOX25 in Oklahoma City, Senator Dahm said in a press release:
“The Second Amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and yet when we require our citizens to jump through hoops, pay fees and undergo a process that presumes they’re guilty of something until proven otherwise, their rights are being infringed upon. Senate Bill 1473 simply says Oklahomans can carry firearms in all the places currently allowed by law, but they will no longer be required to obtain a license to do so.”
The bill would not change “gun free” zones such as schools.
The Second Amendment according to the founding fathers allows American citizens to own any weapon in the arsenal of the United States military.
The full text of the legislation follows:
STATE OF OKLAHOMA
2nd Session of the 54th Legislature (2014)
SENATE BILL 1473 By: Dahm
An Act relating to firearms; creating the Piers Morgan Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act; providing short title; amending 21 O.S. 2011, Section 1289.6, as amended by Section 11, Chapter 259, O.S.L. 2012 (21 O.S. Supp. 2013, Section 1289.6), which relates to conditions under which firearms may be carried; adding condition; providing for noncodification; and providing an effective date.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA:
SECTION 1. NEW LAW A new section of law not to be codified in the Oklahoma Statutes reads as follows:
This act shall be known and may be cited as the “Piers Morgan Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act”.
SECTION 2. AMENDATORY 21 O.S. 2011, Section 1289.6, as amended by Section 11, Chapter 259, O.S.L. 2012 (21 O.S. Supp. 2013, Section 1289.6), is amended to read as follows:
CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH FIREARMS MAY BE CARRIED
A. A person shall be permitted to carry loaded and unloaded shotguns, rifles and pistols, open and not concealed and without a handgun license as authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act pursuant to the following conditions:
1. When hunting animals or fowl;
2. During competition in or practicing in a safety or hunter safety class, target shooting, skeet, trap or other recognized sporting events;
3. During participation in or in preparation for a military function of the state military forces to be defined as the Oklahoma Army or Air National Guard, Federal Military Reserve and active military forces;
4. During participation in or in preparation for a recognized police function of either a municipal, county or state government as functioning police officials;
5. During a practice for or a performance for entertainment purposes;
6. For lawful self-defense and self-protection or any other legitimate purpose in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; or
7. When carried in a holster that is wholly or partially visible or in a scabbard, case or with a sling designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially visible and the person is eighteen (18) years of age or older. Any person who carries a firearm in the manner provided for in this paragraph shall be prohibited from carrying the firearm into any of the places prescribed in subsection A of Section 1277 of this title; or
8. For any legitimate purpose not in violation of the Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971 or any legislative enactment regarding the use, ownership and control of firearms.
B. A person shall be permitted to carry unloaded shotguns, rifles and pistols, open and not concealed and without a handgun license as authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act pursuant to the following conditions:
1. When going to or from the person’s private residence or vehicle or a vehicle in which the person is riding as a passenger to a place designated or authorized for firearms repairs or reconditioning, or for firearms trade, sale, or barter, or gunsmith, or hunting animals or fowl, or hunter safety course, or target shooting, or skeet or trap shooting or any recognized firearms activity or event and while in such places; or
2. For any legitimate purpose not in violation of the Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971.
C. The provisions of this section shall not be construed to prohibit educational or recreational activities, exhibitions, displays or shows involving the use or display of rifles, shotguns or pistols or other weapons if the activity is approved by the property owner and sponsor of the activity.
SECTION 3. This act shall become effective November 1, 2014.
54-2-2037 1/14/2014 12:00:46 PM
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).