My wife’s friend recently fell and broke her hip. As part of her recovery, the doctors felt it best for her to stay in a nursing facility where she could get 24-hour care and regular physical therapy.
She had been living with severe osteoporosis for several years and her doctors had warned her numerous times of the dangers she could face.
Her daughter said that other than taking the medications they prescribed, her mom just didn’t know what else she could do to make a difference.
I told her about how the Mediterranean diet could help. It builds up bone density in the femoral neck, the rounded part of your thigh bone that fits into your hip. That’s important for people like my sister because the femoral neck is where you usually break your hip when you have osteoporosis… the reason so many seniors end up in nursing homes!
So, what is the Mediterranean diet? Here’s a quick rundown of how to get started:
• Eat lots of vegetables and fruit. Produce should make up most of your diet. Shoot for five to 10 servings of fruits and veggies per day. A serving is about a half cup cooked or a whole cup raw. If you struggle to get in enough servings the old fashioned way, I recommend this greens product. It contains kale, carrot, parsley, broccoli, spinach, apple, blueberry and black current.
• Pick your animal protein carefully. The Mediterranean diet focuses on lean protein, like fish and poultry. Red meat is allowed in moderation. You can also eat eggs.
• Get plenty of plant-based protein. Nuts, seeds and legumes are important parts of a Mediterranean diet.
• Only go for whole grains. You’ll have to ditch refined grains in favor of whole grains if you want to reap the benefits of a Mediterranean diet.
• Heap on the healthy fats. Fatty foods like olive oil, avocado, walnuts and almonds play a huge part in the Mediterranean diet’s health benefits, so eat a lot of them.
• Do dairy in moderation. Some dairy is allowed on the Mediterranean diet. But choose healthier options like probiotic-rich yogurt, cottage cheese or kefir.
• Have an occasional drink. The Mediterranean diet includes a dash of alcohol. A glass of red wine with dinner should do the trick without harming your health… but keep it to 6 oz. or less.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.