Easy Pizza Rolls
I got some of these tasty Pik-Nik Twiller Mozzarella Snacks the other day and they are perfect for eating out of hand or for using in these easy to make and quick Pizza rolls!
Pik Nik Twillers Snacks are fun to eat, taste great and are a perfect source of Vitamins A & D. They are made from fresh mozzarella with no preservatives. They make a great snack for children, just on their own. Its fun to sit and peel off the strands of cheese, and I like that the kids are snacking on something nutritious instead of something junky.
You just roll up your desired fillings along with the cheese in the scone dough, brush with melted butter, sprinkle on some Italian Garlic Seasoning and bake.
I like to serve them with a simple homemade marinara sauce for dipping. I just take a pot of tomato puree (holds about 4 TBS) and mix it with some boiling water, some more of that Italian seasoning, some salt and pepper, a squirt of honey, some crushed fennel seed, a dash of ground cloves, and some onion powder. Just whisk that all together until you have a nice sauce consistency . . .
Pop it into the microwave for a minute or two and Bob’s Your Uncle! You have a really tasty dipping sauce for your pizza rolls.
Just look at that lovely cheese ooze!!
Flaky rolls . . . gooey delicious melted cheese, spicy pepperoni . . .
What more could a kid want??? I love that the cheese in these Pik Nik Twiller Snacks is a mix of white and coloured Mozzarella. This adds even more interest! And one cheese stick is the equivalent of one glass of milk!
These went down a real treat with the big kids in this house!
Although I think if I make them again, I am going to chop up the pepperoni instead of leaving it in slices. Ham would be nice also.
- 140g plain flour (1 cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBS butter, cut into bits
- 70ml milk (1/3 cup) or enough to make a soft dough
- 2 mozzarella sticks, cut in half crosswise
- 12 slices pepperoni
- a bit of melted butter to brush
- Italian Garlic Seasoning to sprinkle
- warm marinara sauce to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/ gas mark 5. Line a small baking sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Drop in the butter and cut it in with a pastry blender or two knives until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. Stir in enough milk with a fork to give you a soft dough. Tip out onto a lightly floured board and knead gently a couple times before patting out into a 8 by 10 rectangle.
- Using a sharp knife cut into 4 triangles. Separate a bit and then place 3 slices of pepperoni and 1/2 a cheese stick at the wide end of each. Roll up to enclose from the large end to the narrow tip. Tuck in the edges and then place point side down on the baking tray.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with Italian Garlic Seasoning. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve hot with some of your favourite marinara sauce for dipping.
These Pik Nik Twillers Snacks are available in the chiller section of most grocery shops. Great for snacking, for on vegetable trays, in salads, etc. and of course fabulous in little bakes such as these Easy Pizza Rolls! Wonderful cold and meltingly oozy delish when hot!
Debunking the myths of English Cookery, one recipe at a time.
The English Kitchen
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver in destroying viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again! See Testimonials
MitoCopper - First bioavailable copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy.
Prodovite - The Secret To Healing is in the Blood! Complete absorption in 5 minutes.