86 45: Outrage As Amigos Mexican Restaurant In Rhode Island Openly Calls For The Death Of President Trump On Their Employee T-Shirts
A Rhode Island Mexican restaurant has stopped selling T-shirts advocating for Donald Trump’s ‘impeachment’ after the owner started getting threats, as well as catching the attention of a U.S. Senator from the state.
So the Mexican restaurant owner who thought it was so trendy and cool to advocate the murder of our president on their employee t-shirts is now furiously backpedaling as news begins to travel outside their cloistered Rhode Island enclave. As someone who worked for many years in my younger days in restaurants, I am very well acquainted with the term to ’86’ something. When something is 86’d, that means it no longer exists. It is not taken off the menu because it’s unpopular, it’s taken off because it has ceased to be.
“To 86 something means to get rid of, originally for killing someone. The phrase “80 miles out and 6 feet under” was reserved for someone who had to dig their own grave 80 miles from civilization and then get shot execution-style. All terms for 86’d originated from this, be it alcohol or eliminating.” Urban Dictionary
Just watch any Mafia movie where they talk about executing someone, and invariably you will hear their characters say it’s ‘time to 86’ their intended victim. A quick trip to the Urban Dictionary, as I have quoted here, shows you instantly what it means to ’86 someone’. And it has nothing to do with impeachment, retirement, or being voted out of office. When you want someone ’86’d’, you want them dead. Don’t kid me, man, go kid your grandma.
I would love it if everyone who reads NTEB in the Rhode Island area would not only boycott the Amigos Taqueria Y Tequila mexican restaurant in Westerly, Rhode Island, but that they would also stage live protests out in front of their establishment. Their store is at 2 Canal Street in Westerly, and their phone is (401) 315-5800
Mexican Restaurant In Rhode Island Sells ’86 45′ T-Shirts Advocating For Trump’s Impeachment, Faces Backlash
FROM INQUISITR: As WCBV-TV (Boston) reports, Wendy Carr, owner of Amigos Mexican Restaurant in Westerly, Rhode Island, until recently sold T-shirts bearing a simple message: “86 45.” For those who don’t get it, “86” is old-time diner slang meaning to get rid of or replace an order (“86 those fries!”), and “45” refers to Donald Trump being the 45th president.
In other words, “86 45” means “get rid of Donald Trump.”
To Carr, it simply meant advocating for the impeachment of the 45th president, according to the Westerly Sun. She says that she printed and sold the shirts to raise money for political candidates she supported, and that her employees at Amigos wore the shirts on Election Day — voluntarily, she notes. READ MORE
Amigos Taqueria website issues desperate denial as backlash begins to grow
The restaurant owners are so fearful of a boycott that they have taken down their website menu and replaced it with the following revisionist text. Here is their complete statement, and you can visit the site here.
From the Amigos Mexican restaurant website:
- On Election Night 11-6-18 our staff wore t-shirts in support of political candidates who would be in favor of impeaching the President of the United States. It was a political statement made on a political night with the excitement of exercising our right to vote to advocate change. The shirts stated ’86 45′, a popular statement that is used on t-shirts and bumper stickers meaning ‘to remove the 45th President from office by impeachment’. It cleverly uses the common restaurant lingo ‘86’ which is cited as “American slang for getting rid of something, ejecting someone, or refusing service” by Wikipedia, Google and numerous other credible sources. We did not invent this saying, and you can find similar shirts that say ’86 45′ or ’86 44′ on zazzle.com and amazon.com. The accompanying social media post on the Amigos page clearly stated IMPEACH.
- Rhode Island District 34 State Senator Elaine Morgan, then decided to recklessly misrepresent our t-shirts without ever having any communication with us whatsoever to inquire about the meaning. She then made slanderous claims via Facebook, using our photo, that we were promoting violence or murder. THIS IS A LIE. Violence or murder was never implied by anyone at our restaurant, ever. The only person to imply violence was Rhode Island District 34 State Senator Elaine Morgan and those who have since shared and built upon the momentum she created through her social media post. It has now been shared and commented upon by people across the country who have never been to our restaurant.
— Fedupwithhate (@liannemr1) November 26, 2018
- We have received hundreds of bad reviews from people who have never been to our establishment.
- Our phone number has been called non-stop, all day, with threats and racist comments/messages.
- Fake business pages have been created solely for the purpose of attacking our establishment.
- Fake ‘photoshopped’ images are being shared to make it seem like we mentioned murder in our post and to also share our phone number with those looking to harass us further.
- I am not ashamed of my political views and feel political dialogues are important. Violence or advocating violence is NEVER acceptable. People can agree, disagree, but most importantly I believe they should listen to one another, respect each other, and commit to TRUTHFUL dialogue. Our political differences are not more important than our humanity.
- I am deeply troubled that as an elected state official, Elaine Morgan, would make up a malicious story about Amigos and call for a boycott of a local business solely because I, the owner, have a different political view than herself. I apologize to everyone that was led to believe her lie and hope that this explanation clears up any misunderstanding of our intent.
- We would like to thank our friends and loyal customers for standing by us during this time. We always like to stay focused on the positive and this is seen by all the new patrons that have come to show their support! Thank YOU! All are always welcome at Amigos regardless of political view and we look forward to serving you soon!
Now The End Begins is your front line defense against the rising tide of darkness in the last days before the Rapture of the Church
HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page
When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the building of the recording studio, but it also goes to the overall daily operations of this site. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like gospel tracts but cannot afford them, we send them a box at no cost to them for either the tracts or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa. We even restarted our weekly radio Bible study on Sunday nights again, thanks to your generous donations.
But whatever you do, don’t do nothing. Time is short and we need your help right now. If every one of the 12,621 people on our daily mailing list gave $4.50, we would reach our goal immediately. If every one of our 151,781 followers on Facebook gave $1.00 each, we would reach 300% of our goal. The same goes for our 13,600 followers on Twitter. But sadly, many will not give, so we need the ones who can and who will give to be generous. As generous as possible.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)
“Thank you very much!” – Geoffrey, editor-in-chief, NTEB
HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page