How to Build a Rocket Stove and Impress the Boys ;)
Everytime I’ve done an emergency fair, the most popular thing by far has been the Rocket Stove! Out of all the 5 or so methods I demonstrate, people LOVE this one, including me! It’s immediately shot to the top of my FAVORITE’s list and something I recommend EVERYONE should add to their emergency supplies! Also, for all you single ladies this is a total guy magnet. As soon as you throw a few twigs in it and light it up, guys immediately see a chance for danger and run to it, or maybe it was just to eat my samples. Anyways, who cares, it’s AWESOME and it’s one Rocket that will ROCK YOUR WORLD!!!
A handful of twigs can cook an ENTIRE MEAL!
And if you use the design below it fits anywhere, only weighs about 1 lb, very portable, easy to use, practically free, great for camping,…. Shall I go on?
No… lets just go ahead and make one!
Grab Some Scraps and Make a ROCKET STOVE!
A huge thanks to Brock, who is an Organic Wellness Doctor by day, and a Rocket Stove engineer by night. I got my first Rocket Stove from him, because lets face it, I was NEVER going to get around to making one. He was nice enough to let me invite myself over to his workshop and be totally obnoxious with my picture-taking. So make sure to check out his Website – PREMIER ROCKET STOVES, and send him a HUGE THANKS
- #10 CAN W/ LID - Recycle one or get one from the cannery.
- 2 LARGE 28oz CANS - Eat lots of beans tonight
- INSULATION - Grab some from the attic.
- TIN SNIPS - or anything that can cut metal!
- HEAVY-DUTY GLOVES - So you don’t cut too many fingers off!
- MARKER – To mark where to cut on the can.
1- Mark & Cut Center Hole!
With the large #10 can , use a lid from the small can and trace a circle.
Once you get something that could pass as a circle, get to cutting! This is where you get to use your Tin Snips! But if you want live on the edge, pull out a mini saw, don’t wear any safety goggles, use your toes to cut everything, and go to town!!!
Check your tracing skills by seeing if the can fits through the hole you just made.
2- Mark & Cut a Hole on the Inside Can
- Now do the same thing. but this time measure and cut the can that will be going INSIDE the #10 can.
- Using the piece you just cut out of the #10 can, place it on top of the smaller can and trace!
- Once you’re ready, let some more sparks fly!
4- Cut and Insert the Last Can
- With the can you haven’t touched yet, cut off the rim first.
- Then make about 1.5 inch tabs around the can. (see picture if I’m not making any sense
- Squeeze, smash, squish and do whatever it takes to get it through both cans.
- Fold some of the tabs up to make a snug fit.
5- Cut Lid
- With the top lid, trace a circle in the middle of it using one of the smaller cans.
- Then yes, cut it out.
6-Fill With Insulation!
- First cut tabs around the large can. We cut 8 total, but look below to see approximate spacing.
- Insulate with whatever you want that won’t catch on fire, I just grabbed some insulation from the attic for mine
- Pack it in until you can’t fit anymore!
- Fold down 4 tabs, use a hammer if you need to help flatten them.
- Place the lid with the circle cut into it, on top.
- Hammer the remaining 4 tabs on top to secure the lid in place.
- OR – Just look at the pics
7-Add a Shelf!
Almost done! Not sure where my pictures disappeared to for this step (maybe the same place as the I-Pad), but you basically use some of the scrap metal and make a shelf!
- Cut a rectangle metal piece with flaps that will fit inside.
- Hammer the metal to make if flat if necessary.
- Cut about an inch on each side of the can.
- Slide the shelf into place.
- Fold down flaps.
8- You’re DONE! Time to Launch!
I usually just cut up some of the scrap wood we have lying around, but use whatever you have that will fit and burn!
- Put some small pieces of wood on the shelf (not under, it needs to breathe)
- Throw some dryer lint in (Save this amazing stuff if you aren’t already :)
- Light it!
- And Poof! If will be up in flames before you know it!
9- Now COOK with it!
Keep feeding in wood to keep the fire going for as long as you need!
This is sure to WOW anyone you show. So bust it out in your front yard, take it to work, or give it as a teachers’ gift (maybe they can use it to burn some of that ugle apple decor they always get)! My favorite is to send the kids outside with it and tell them not to come back in until they’ve made dinner.
Hopefully these instructions make sense. Sorry, if there’s a million typos and awful grammer, it’s because I’m typing and editing posts while kids are beating each other with Wii controls. Gotta go!
Remember, if you want to skip the making and get on to the impressing check out -
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at www.mitocopper.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" THEY don't want you to know!
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver in destroying viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again! See Testimonials
MitoCopper - First bioavailable copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy.
Prodovite - The Secret To Healing is in the Blood! Complete absorption in 5 minutes.
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup!
B-12 - Supports healthy metabolism, brain function, hormone balance, red blood cells.
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Never Wax Your Car Again - 5 Star Shine protects vehicles for years with dazzling shine!
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation! See Video. Protect your family!
Back to life!
Power Bills by 65%
Faces 100 Year Drought!