Secret Cities That Prove We Do Not Know What Is Going On (Videos)
Since the start of the twentieth century, the world has been a busy place, filled with large scale wars and the battle for global dominance based on the belief the winner takes all. This has led to governments and their military working in secret to retain an advantage over an adversary. Whether it was an effort to just gather intelligence, hold sway over a region or create bigger and more destructive weapons, nothing was off the table. But the same technological advances which helped to advance these efforts also began to empower the citizens to search and discover long-held secrets. The video from Truthstream Media shares just a few of these. While only a few of the secret projects which have been exposed, makes you wonder what else is out there, yet to be revealed.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
Los Alamos, New Mexico, is recognized as the birthplace of the atomic bomb, a primary objective of the Manhattan Project by Los Alamos National Laboratory during World War II.
It was in late 1942 when the Department of War began looking for remote and top secret locations for the Manhattan Project, and Los Alamos was acquired by the government using the power of eminent domain to take over, removing all existing residents from the area. From then on, Los Alamos became a closed city, highly secured with limited access from those outside. All information about the town remained highly classified until the actual bombing of Hiroshima, and the civilian personnel who lived and worked there were tightly monitored by the military personnel stationed there.
The mailing address for all of Los Alamos was P.O. Box 1663, Santa Fe, New Mexico, with all outbound correspondence being censored by military officials. At the time, Los Alamos was referred to as “The Hill” by many Santa Fe residents, and as “Project Y” by the military personnel, one of a series of laboratories located across the United States and each given a letter name to maintain their secrecy.
The Los Alamos National Laboratory continues today as a Department of Energy national laboratory, one of the largest science and technology institutions in the world. The facility was joined in 1952 by a second Department of Energy design lab under the direction of the University of California, Berkeley, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Both laboratories conduct multidisciplinary research in fields such as national security, space exploration, nuclear fusion, renewable energy, medicine, nanotechnology and supercomputing, with much of the work remaining highly classified and off limits to visitors.
While the location may now be public knowledge, the need for project secrecy remains and is highly enforced.
Ozyorsk in the Soviet Union
Established in 1947, Ozyorsk in Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia, remains a closed city today. Code-named City 40, Ozersk was the birthplace of the Soviet nuclear weapons program established after World War II. Until 1994, it was known as Chelyabinsk-65, and even earlier, as Chelyabinsk-40 (the digits are the last digits of the postal code, and the name is that of the nearest big city, a common practice of giving names to closed towns). The name change to Ozyorsk happened in 1994, when it was granted town status.
The proximity of Ozyorsk to the Mayak plant, one of the first locations in the world to produce plutonium for use in Soviet cold war atomic bombs, is now a Russian facility for processing nuclear waste and recycling nuclear material from decommissioned nuclear weapons, is what keeps the town designated as a closed city.
The Mayak is primarily engaged in reprocessing spent nuclear fuel from nuclear submarines and icebreakers, and from nuclear power plants. Commercially, the plant produces cobalt-60, iridium-192, carbon-14 and establishes conversion production with use of radiative technologies applying wasteless technologies.
The entire Chelyabinsk region has been reported as being one of the most polluted places on Earth. Between 1945 and 1957 the Mayak plant dumped and released large amounts of solid, liquid and gaseous radioactive material into the area immediately around the plant, and over time, the sum of radionuclide contamination is estimated to be 2-3 times the release which occurred from the Chernobyl accident explosions. In 1957, the Mayak plant was the site of a major disaster, but the matter was quietly and secretly covered up, with few inside or outside Russia aware of the full scope of the disaster until 1980.
Wünsdor in Germany
It was back in 1910 that the German Kaiser Wilhelm II decided to build a military camp as a training area for the upcoming World War, and Wünsdorf-Waldstadt, the city in the forest, was chosen. During the time of the Third Reich, the existing gymnasium became part of the army sports school and was used as a training place for the 1936 Olympics.
In 1933, when the Nazis came to prominence, Hitler supported expansion of the area’s military capabilities, forming the first Panzer division of the German Wehrmacht the same year. Then in 1935, the Nazis moved the Wehrmacht headquarters to the area, the third Panzer division was formed and the army’s driving school reestablished there. The Nazis settled in, building defense structures and expanding the area facilities to suit their needs.
Wünsdorf-Waldstadt is where the German Army plans and orders during the Second World War were prepared and sent, from Zeppelin, an underground communications bunker which was one of the largest newsgathering hubs in operation during the Second World War. But in April 1945, as the war was ending and Nazi power waning, the Soviet army arrived at Wünsdorf-Waldstadt and took control of the area without a fight.
Beginning in 1953, Wünsdorf-Waldstadt, Zossen, Germany, became the headquarters of the Soviet military forces in Germany, and the biggest Soviet military camp outside the USSR. The entire area was surrounded by a concrete wall and the main road through Wünsdorf was blocked. To the tens of thousands of Soviets living there, including military, their dependents and civilian employees, the city was called ‘Little Moscow’, with trains traveling to and from the real Moscow on a daily basis. To the native Germans who were denied access to Wünsdorf-Waldstadt, it was named ‘die Verbotene Stadt’, the Forbidden City. The Soviets stationed there had everything at their doorstep, including schools, shops, cinemas, a newspaper and a television channel which broadcast along with those from the Soviet Union.
In August 1994, all that changed, with the last of the Russians stationed in Wünsdorf officially departed in compliance with the Soviet All of this disappeared in August 31 1994, when the last Russians officially left Wünsdorf following German Reunification. This departure date was agreed on when the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany (Two Plus Four Agreement) was negotiated in 1990 between the Federal Republic of Germany and the German Democratic Republic, and the Four Powers which occupied Germany at the end of World War II in Europe: France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The Four Powers renounced all rights they held in Germany, allowing a united Germany to become fully sovereign in 1991.
Today, Wünsdorf stands crumbling in the ever encroaching forest, an empty testament to the defeated military strength documented in history books. Images of Stalin still stand watch over the area, their vigilance unchanging.
404 in China
Built in 1958, the city 404 was missing from any map but this military base located on the sandy plains of the Gobi desert in China’s northwest Gansu province became the country’s largest base facility for building nuclear bombs.
The city covers an area of 4 square kilometers, with its own municipal government, police department, television station, courthouse and prison. Because of the completely underground defense system built in case of nuclear war, 404 is larger than it looks.
China’s best nuclear scientists and experts, along with their families and support staff, were transferred to 404. Six years later, in 1964, China recorded its first successful nuclear bomb detonation. The event happened in the Gobi Desert in the neighboring Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
By the early 1990s, it is believed nearly 100,000 people lived and worked in closed city 404, but today the area is largely abandoned with only about 1,000 residents remaining. The once bustling streets and family filled housing blocks stand empty, with most of the residents having been moved to nearby Jiayuguan City in 2007 due to cave-in’s.
Camp Century in Greenland
A highly publicized project known as Camp Century was begun in 1960. The project under the Greenland ice sheet was located in northwestern Greenland, 150 miles from the Thule Air Base which had been operational since 1951. Construction on the camp and the sub-glacial nuclear reactor began without the United States having explicit permission from the government of Denmark.
Beneath the cover story presented to the public and world, the United States was involved in a top secret program for the Cold War called Project Iceworm. The purpose of Project Iceworm was to build a network of mobile nuclear missile launch sites under the Greenland ice sheet and get close enough to be able to strike targets within the Soviet Union by placement of medium-range missiles.
To meet the project’s goal, twenty-one trenches 1.9 mile long in total, were cut and covered with arched roofs. Within these covered trenches, prefabricated buildings were erected to contain a hospital, a shop, a theater and a church for the approximately 200 inhabitants residing there.
But three years after it was excavated, ice core samples taken by geologists working there indicated the glacier was moving much faster than anticipated, resulting in destruction of the tunnels and planned mobile nuclear missile launch sites in under two years. This resulted in the facility being evacuated in 1965, with the nuclear generator removed, Project Iceworm canceled and Camp Century closed.
Decades later, in January 1995, classified information came to light which caused the Danish Foreign Policy Institute to open an inquiry into the use and storage of nuclear weapons in Greenland.
Today the question of who is responsible for the clean-up of the waste – estimated to include 200,000 litres of diesel fuel, similar quantities of waste water and unknown amounts of radioactive coolant and toxic organic pollutants such as PCBs – remains uncertain. Greenland became largely self-governing in 1979, so there are now three players involved in this ongoing discussion: Vittus Qujaukitsoq, Greenland’s foreign minister, his Danish counterpart, Kristian Jensen and the United States Pentagon.
Challakere in India
Challakere in the Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India, is also called the ‘Science City’, as several science and research organizations such as Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) have set up their facilities there.
The grazing lands of the Challekere taluk offer food for over 2,50,000 goats, cows, bulls and sheep, a land fact which the 3,00,000 people in the area depend upon for their livelihoods.
But since 2009, various levels of the government – district administration of Chitradurga, government of Karnataka and the Government of India – have quietly managed to divert nearly 10,000 acres of the Challakere taluk grazing land for restricted use, building a twelve-foot tall cinder block wall and denying the residents access to the area.
Government authorities have justified their secrecy because the Challakere taluk grazing land was restricted used for defence purposes. In 2011, Srikumar Banerjee, then chairman of India’s Atomic Energy Commission, reportedly said the facility “could be used to produce nuclear fuel” to help nuclear energy in India.
A lawsuit filed by the villagers at the High Court of Karnataka did provide an accounting from the state registry of the grazing land which is now restricted from their use. It tells the who but not the specific usage of the land.
– Defence Research & Development Organisation was given 4,290 acres
– Indian Institute of Science was given 1500 acres
– Bhabha Atomic Research Centre had about 1810 acres diverted to it
– Indian Space Research Organisation was given about 575 acres
– Karnataka Small Scale Industries Development Corporation was given some sundry lands
Hard to know what research and development will take place in Challakere. India already is known to have long-range strategic nuclear weapons, with between 140 and 150 warheads, but other countries in the region are equally well armed.
So are all the rumors correct, and this area near Challakere to be the site of a ‘secret nuclear city’? This is happening today in a world where satellites, cameras and the Internet would seem to indicate keeping a secret this large to be an impossibility. The world is watching…
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver in destroying viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again! See Testimonials
MitoCopper - First bioavailable copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy.
Prodovite - The Secret To Healing is in the Blood! Complete absorption in 5 minutes.