Visitors Now:
Total Visits:
Total Stories:
Profile image
By 21st Century Wire
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:
Total:

SPECTRE OF BENGHAZI: DOJ Drops Charges Against Alleged Arms Dealer of Libyan Weapons

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 19:02
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

21st Century Wire says…

The Department of Justice is dropping all charges against an arms dealer whose weapons made it into the hands Libya militants.

Early this week a motion was filed by the DOJ to drop charges against an American arms dealer named Marc Turi, according to federal court records obtained by Politico.

Also according to Politico, “The deal averts a trial that threatened to cast additional scrutiny on Hillary Clinton’s private emails as Secretary of State, and to expose reported Central Intelligence Agency attempts to arm rebels fighting Libyan leader Moammar Qadhafi.”

benghazi-spectre-obama-clinton-scandal-21wire-slider-sh
‘LIBYA FALLOUT’ – (Photo Illustration 21WIRE’s Shawn Helton)

In the book entitled Definitive Report by both Jack Murphy (Army Green Beret) and Brandon Webb (Navy SEAL), a close friend of Glen Doherty (one of the Americans killed during the Benghazi siege) it was revealed that Obama’s former deputy NSA advisor and current CIA director, John Brennan had been directing covert black-ops in Libya as well as other parts in North Africa, prior to the siege that left four Americans dead at a compound in Benghazi.

Brennan’s covert operations were said to have ‘prompted retaliation’ inside the compound in Libya, as former CIA director David Petraeus had been blackmailed into resignation by senior CIA officials.

All of this information was preceded by a massive cover-up involving mainstream media, Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Susan Rice and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, both of whom initially blamed the siege on a heavily propagandized film on YouTube entitled “The Innocence of Muslims.” This meme was spread on many major talk shows even though evidence failed to connect the film to the attack.

In addition, the White House and President Barack Obama had many inconsistencies in their talking points about Benghazi, first labeling it a terror attack, then quickly shifting gears, denying that there were Al Qaeda operatives anywhere near the compound.

US Ambassador Christopher Stevens was said to have helped manage a large gun-running operation from the “Special Mission Compound” in Benghazi, as he was also said to have helped ship guns to “al-Qaeda-linked opposition” to assist in the takedown of former dictator Moammar Gadhafi.

In a Business Insider report from October of 2012, the Benghazi story dovetailed the growing proxy war in Syria:

“In March 2011 Stevens became the official U.S. liaison to the al-Qaeda-linked Libyan opposition, working directly with Abdelhakim Belhadj of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group — a group that has now disbanded, with some fighters reportedly participating in the attack that took Stevens’ life.

In November 2011 The Telegraph reported that Belhadj, acting as head of the Tripoli Military Council, “met with Free Syrian Army [FSA] leaders in Istanbul and on the border with Turkey” in an effort by the new Libyan government to provide money and weapons to the growing insurgency in Syria.”

As 21WIRE has previously reported in 2014, “It’s worth noting here: like Libya’s new militant governor of Tripoli, Abdel Hakim Belhadj, the Chechen terrorist group Kata’ib Mohadzherin’s leader Airat Vakhitov was also under US supervision for years – imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba circa 2002, after being captured by U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Both were Belhadj and Vakhitov were released by the Pentagon only to be repatriated in the field again – back into fighting regions to organise al Qaeda-type Islamist groups – both active in countries which the US and NATO have been actively vying for regime change – in Libya and Syria, respectively. You can draw your own conclusions here about what Guantanamo is in reality, a fact which was confirmed by thePenny Lane leaks regarding the recruitment of double agents out of Gitmo.”

Interestingly, in a NY Times article from December of 2012 entitled,“U.S.-Approved Arms for Libya Rebels Fell Into Jihadis’ Hands,” we see an acknowledgement of an arms shipment at the behest of the Obama administration under the watchful eye of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – but the mainstream media appears to have provided cover for the White House and State Department by blaming Qatar for the weapons transfer to militants:

“The Obama administration secretly gave its blessing to arms shipments to Libyan rebels from Qatar last year, but American officials later grew alarmed as evidence grew that Qatar was turning some of the weapons over to Islamic militants, according to United States officials and foreign diplomats.

No evidence has emerged linking the weapons provided by the Qataris during the uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi to the attack that killed four Americans at the United States diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, in September.

But in the months before, the Obama administration clearly was worried about the consequences of its hidden hand in helping arm Libyan militants, concerns that have not previously been reported. The weapons and money from Qatar strengthened militant groups in Libya, allowing them to become a destabilizing force since the fall of the Qaddafi government.”

The spectre of Benghazi looms large when connecting the Middle Eastern dots over the past five years.

More from Zero Hedge below…


‘TRAIL OF BLOOD’ – Many questions about 2012’s Benghazi terror siege remain unanswered. (Image Source: foxnews)

DOJ Drops Charges Against Arms Dealer Who “Threatened To Expose” Hillary Arming Islamic Extremists

Zero Hedge

In what would under other circumstances likely be a major media spectacle, Politico reported that the Obama administration is moving to dismiss charges against an arms dealer whom it had accused of selling weapons destined for Libyan rebels and who had threatened to expose Hillary Clinton’s talks about arming anti-Qaddafi rebels.

According to a motion filed in federal court in Phoenix, the DOJ on Monday filed a motion to drop the case against the arms dealer, an American named Marc Turi. One potential reason for the surprising move is that as Politico writes, the deal averts a trial that threatened to cast additional scrutiny on Hillary Clinton’s private emails as Secretary of State, and to expose reported Central Intelligence Agency attempts to arm rebels fighting Libyan leader Moammar Qadhafi.

Turi was indicted in 2014 on four felony counts: two of arms dealing in violation of the Arms Export Control Act and two of lying to the State Department in official applications. The charges accused Turi of claiming that the weapons involved were destined for Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, when the arms were actually intended to reach Libya. Turi’s lawyers argued that the shipments were part of a U.S. government-authorized effort to arm Libyan rebels. It’s unclear if any of the weapons made it to Libya, and there’s no evidence linking weapons provided by the U.S. government to the Benghazi attacks.

According to Politico government lawyers were facing a Wednesday deadline to produce documents to Turi’s legal team, and the trial was officially set to begin on Election Day, although it likely would have been delayed by protracted disputes about classified information in the case. A Turi associate asserted that the government dropped the case because the proceedings could have embarrassed Clinton and President Barack Obama by calling attention to the reported role of their administration in supplying weapons that fell into the hands of Islamic extremist militants.

Making matters worse, Turi’s case had delved into emails sent to and from the controversial private account that Clinton used as Secretary of State, which the defense planned to harness at any trial.

“They don’t want this stuff to come out because it will look really bad for Obama and Clinton just before the election,” said the associate.

Leery of admitting the actual truth, in the dismissal motion, prosecutors were vague saying that “discovery rulings” from U.S. District Court Judge David Campbell contributed to the decision to drop the case. The joint motion asks the judge to accept a confidential agreement to resolve the case through a civil settlement between the State Department and the arms broker.

This story continues at Zero Hedge

READ MORE ISIS NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire ISIS Files  

READ MORE LIBYA NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Libya Files

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblr

21st Century Wire is an alternative news agency designed to enlighten, inform and educate readers about world events which are not always covered in the mainstream media.

Report abuse

Comments

Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories

Register

Newsletter

Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.