When I was a kid around eight or nine years old, there was a popular song out called “Don’t fence me in.” The first line of that, or the chorus, I can’t recall which, said “Give me land, lotsa land under starry skies above. Don’t fence me in.” At that point in my life I hadn’t traveled all that much and so the idea of the song appealed to me. It still does except that, at my age, I’ve done most of the traveling I’m likely to do, but I still have the memories and a batch of old photos and I do enjoy both. As a kid I always wanted to go west. When I was 21 years old I finally got to go and once I started I kept going until I couldn’t go anymore.
It’s a good thing I got to go when I did, in those pre-Obama years when the West was still relatively open, because our soon-to-be-f0rmer Marxist president seems hell bent on shutting down as much Western land as he can so ordinary folks can’t get to use it or even see it except from a distance.
It would seem that he has eagerly embraced the old Marxist concept of private property being some sort of sin and he’d like to redistribute as much of the property in the West to “the people” (meaning his kind of people and no one else) as he can before he is forced to leave the White House, even though his bosses will force him to remain in Washington as part of their agenda to destabilize a Trump presidency.
Earlier this week I read an article on http://www.mrctv.org written by Brittany M. Hughes and entitled: Obama Seized Enough Land and Water in 8 Years to Cover Texas Three Times.That headline caught my attention. Having been in Texas several times over the years I have come to realize just how big Texas really is and if Obama has taken all that much land in eight years then he has to be one of the greatest land confiscators this country has ever witnessed.
Hughes’ article noted: “Last week, in one of his final moves out of the Oval Office, Obama executively designated more than 1.5 million acres of land as national monuments, preserving their untouched facade while closing them to human expansion, development, energy use, ranching or state or local jurisdiction.” And Hughes continued: “In a move ignored by the liberal media…last week, Obama unilaterally seized more than 1.3 million acres from Utah to establish the Bears Ears Monument, preserving it at the behest of conservationist groups and Native American tribes who claimed the land was sacred.” Utah’s state legislature was not overjoyed with this and they opposed it. Some have speculated this is One of Obama’s moves to try to limit Trump’s efforts to increase domestic energy production, which would not surprise me in the least. But like all good Marxists with an agenda, Obama kills two birds with one stone here. He not only limits a new administration’s attempts at new energy production but he also locks up the property to keep ordinary folks off much of it.
He did the same thing in Clark County, Nevada when he took land for the Gold Butte National Monument. This just about shut the whole area down to any uranium mining, and oil drilling, as well as any future natural gas production. Can’t have Obama’s Muslim buddies in the Middle East losing out on their profits because the United States can take steps to be more energy independent now, can we. The utmost last thing Obama wants is any kind of independence for this country. He has spent two terms in office trying to shut down that kind of thing, whether it’s offshore oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico or trying to stop that pipeline that’s supposed to cross the country for north to south and provide lots of new jobs in the process. He has to stop that kind of stuff and he works mightily at it. Those that voted this person into office so he could spend eight years trashing our economy while crying alligator tears for the middle class (who he really hates) will at some point, have to answer for their votes–and I’m glad it’s them and not me!
Interesting to note is the land he took in Nevada is in Clark County where the big fuss over the Bundy Ranch situation happened. Looks like the feds won’t have any opposition in Clark County now–most of it is in jail. Protecting your God-given rights anymore can be costly.
In Nevada the feds already control over 80% of the land, leaving only 20% for private interests and the folks in the state. So what do they need another 300,000 acres on top of all that for? So private citizens can’t use it to make a living that might render them somewhat independent that’s why….