This is another recipe which was inspired by Australia Gourmet Traveller. I’m actually not the biggest fan of brioche…. but the crispy crust always kept me coming back for more. haha…… Its like you hate and love it at the same time. >o< I was planning to prepare a labneh at the very beginning but as too much yogurt is required, I decided to change my mine and used the common yogurt mixture instead. Well, it works good and fuss free ! Lucky that I still have some frozen cranberries that I could work on with. The tart turns out looking really festive though.
Ingredients for brioche dough :
2 tspn yeast
1 TB milk
3 cups all purpose flour
2 TB sugar
200gm butter, softened
(1) dissolved yeast into milk and let to rest for 15 minutes or till yeast turns formy.
(2) now, combine flour and sugar into mixing bowl then stir in the eggs & yeast mixture till everything well cooperated.
(3) next, add in butter little by little and knead till soft dough is formed. Then let dough rest for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or till dough double in size.
(4) once its ready, punch dough to release excess air and knead dough till smooth.
(5) place dough to slightly floured working table then divide into two portions. You may either store dough into plastic bag and keep refrigerated for other uses.
(6) now, flatten dough by rolling out into a thin layer disk sheet.
(7) line flatten dough to baking paper then place it to baking tray.
(8) plead all edges of dough to form a pizza dough then let to rest for 40 minutes to an hour.
(9) once its ready, spread on yogurt mixture and top with cranberries. At the same time, sprinkle all edges with brown sugar.
(10) Finally, bake at preheated oven 190′C for about 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
The crust looks absolutely gorgeous & crispy ! An additional ice cream and you will be on cloud 9. I think the savory thing will work well on this one too. Can’t wait to try that out soon. Hope you guys will love it too.