Happy St Patrick day to my readers who are celebrating it today, 17th of March ! This is my first attempt trying to prepare soda bread. Soda bread is consider as quick bread that rises due to the reaction of lactic aside in buttermilk and baking soda. Yogurt can be used as well. Soda bread is normally eaten on this special Christian holiday. I am a fruit person and I really love mine soda bread fully packed with sweet dried berries. Yummm….. No worries, its a super easy recipe.
250gm all purpose flour
2 TB sugar
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 TB baking powder
a pinch of salt
50gm butter, melted
180ml full cream milk add in a tspn of lemon juice
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
* milk glazing : 40ml milk mixed with 40gm melted butter
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big mixing bowl and mix well.
(2) beat together ingredients (B) till cooperated and stir into mixture (A) to form a sticky dough.
(3) add in ingredients (C) and fold to mix till everything is evenly combined.
(4) transfer sticky dough to a slightly floured parchment paper then sprinkle extra flour over the dough.
(5) push to press dough for rounding it then make a cross over the dough, brush milk glazing all over the dough.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 185′C for about 30 minutes (brush the remaining milk glazing after 15 minutes baking).Once its done, off the heat and let to stay in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Perfect piece of work ! Love how the bread turns out and the texture is beautiful.