Listening and Pronunciations
Every language in the world can be learnt by listening to the sound of the words that it uses. So you should always focus on the pronunciation of each and every important word that the language has and try to learn the way in which the language is usually spoken. You need to practice a lot to understand the pronunciation of the words and for that you need to watch or observe people speaking the language properly and focus on their lip and tongue movements. The pronunciation can also be improved by listening to the music having the words of the same language or watching movies. Try to practice and replicate how the words are spoken in the videos and make it a habit to do this every alternate day. The final aim should be to produce a similar sound of the words that the people in the video or music do. Record your voice while you pronounce the words and rectify if there are any mistakes that you are making while practicing. You can also ask other people to listen to you and ask him to judge whether you are reproducing the same sounds or not. Try to understand the meaning behind every word and try some foreign language tutor that you learn and pronounce. Use internet to find audio formats of the words that you would like to pronounce.Focus on the specific accents that are used by people while speaking with each other. Stay focussed while your are listening to people and grasp how facial expressions change while people speak with each other. Purchase audio books and music CDs and listen to them as and when you get time.
Focus on the grammar of the language because it is the backbone of the language. Always make it a habit to keep a dictionary with you while you are reading something in the language that you are learning. Always try to learn new words and try to judge the meaning of them by intuition. This is how we can develop a confidence in ourselves and can accurately predict the meaning of the unknown words. Its not a tried and tested method but many people say that it can be effectively applied while learning any new language. Always make a habit of writing notes while you are reading any unknown paragraph and later try to find the meaning of the words in your dictionary. While reading a paragraph, try to first understand the sequence of the words and the meaning behind them. The read it second time and try to translate the meaning of the entire paragraph. Finally re-read it and digest the meaning of the words there is so many free online language tutor to provide free lessons and the entire sentences in whole and come to a common conclusion about the meaning of the entire paragraph.This is how you develop a thinking habit in the same language
1. Start building small sentences using the words that you had learnt. Make sure you are able to understand the meaning of the complete sentence.
2. Pay attention to word order and forms
3. Make it a habit to write using proper grammar rules
4. Always maintain a small diary whenever some random thought come to your mind. It will help you to write your thoughts in the form of words.
5. Writing can be done clearly if thinking is clear. Make sure to put your thought into a sequence and then try to put them into words and sentences.
6. Practice writing small but grammatically correct sentences.
7. Pay attention to the use of words. Don’t use same words in every sentence that you write.
8. If any word is repeating many times, try to find a synonym of the word and then use it in the sentence.
9. Learn minimum four synonyms and four antonyms of any word that you might have learnt.
10. Always try to pronounce the words loudly before writing them down on paper. This helps to remember the words without much efforts.
11. Break down long words into small words and try to understand their meanings. It’s always that two or more meaningful words come together to create a more meaningful word
1. Learning to use a dictionary is the best way to develop a vocabulary in any language. Make it a habit to understand the meaning behind the words and then try to memorise them as and when possible.
2. To aid in the above process, make it a habit of creating flash cards and frequently using them as and when you get time.
3. Make it habit to read at least 100 flashcards in a day and try to learn new language and concentrate foreign language instruction.
4. When you see various things around you, try to say the name of them in the same language that you are willing to learn. Let your brain understand it completely so that it can recall the same words at the required time.
5. Whatever you learn, make notes in a diary and go through them every week.
6. Read newspaper daily and jot down unknown words into a diary. Then use your dictionary and find the meaning of the unknown words. The ultimate aim is to develop a routine for reading.
7. Make it a habit to use thesaurus all the time. It helps to find similar as well as opposite words at the same time.
8. Signup for word building sites on internet and make it a routine to
complete their assignments daily.
9. Learn to solve word puzzles and play word formation games. This is the best and fastest way to improve your vocab.
10. Try to find the latin roots of the words which will help you to understand the meaning behind the formation of particular words.
While speaking the language always focus on the accuracy and not the speed. Always make it a habit to read aloud while practicing. You can ask your friends to speak in the same language they are also willing to learn the new language along with you best way to speak and learn foreign languages via Skype. This way you will find a group of people who can exclusively speak the same language and can rectify each others mistakes. Learn the grammar of the language because knowing the sound and meaning of the words is a different thing and using them in a sentence is another. Learn to make small and meaningful sentences out of the words that you had learned. Watch movies and try to learn the mannerism in which people speak with each other like my personal language tutor. You will see that a polite person speaks differently than a arrogant one.Focus on the facial movements while speaking. Facial expressions can speak without words.Try speaking the same words by changing the tone of your voice. You will notice a considerable difference between both.