Some women think that becoming a mom means you have to leave behind stylish things. No way! You can be a new mom or an experienced one and be as stylish as ever. Look at a list of simple ways that moms can boost their style!
Ten Ways of Being a Mother with Style
1. Wear Comfortable Shoes with Plenty of Pizazz. When you’re running around after a toddler or pushing a stroller, you need comfortable shoes. Try a pair of sneakers in bright red with brilliant white laces. Or, go with a plaid or checkered design in pastel pink or blue. If you really want to raise the style quotient of your sneakers, go with a glittery gold or silver design.
2. Get a Maxi Dress. Every stylish mom has at least one maxi dress in her wardrobe. These dresses are long and drapey giving you the comfort you’re looking for as well as attractive style. A cotton maxi dress in emerald green, red or black can quickly become your go-to outfit for warm days that are full of activity. On cooler days, pair a jeans jacket with your maxi dress for added warmth.
3. Carry a Unique Diaper Bag. A diaper bag is a practical item, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Look for a cute diaper bag with a chevron design or one that features stripes or polka dots. This bag will give you an instant splash of color to whatever outfit you’ve got on.
4. Use a Funky Baby Carrier. Understandably, moms with infants want to keep them close by while running errands or even while strolling through the neighborhood. You can maintain your stylish reputation by getting a baby carrier in a bright color or one that displays an eye-catching pattern such as paisley or stripes. Whether you wear your carrier on your front or back, passersby will know your baby has one stylish mother!
5. Wear a Distinctive Scarf. Wearing a scarf is one of the simplest ways to express your style as a mom. It may be an off-white scarf featuring subtle splashes of blue, green and yellow pastels. Or, you may prefer a black scarf with fringe and dramatic red designs. You can throw your scarf on over a jacket or even dress up a plain white t-shirt for a trip to the market. This accessory can be the highlight of your outfit.
6. Put on a Fashionable Hat. Forgo the baseball cap and go with a more unexpected choice like a fedora with ribbon trim or a newsboy cap. You may opt for a wool fedora or a straw version of this classic hat. Newsboy caps are available in solid colors, subtle plaids or even a black and white houndstooth pattern.
7. Wear Red Lipstick. As a mom, you may not have time to go through a lengthy makeup routine in the morning. But, you do have time to put on a layer of bright red lipstick. No matter how exhausted you are this color can instantly brighten your face. It takes just seconds to apply, but it can give a mom a fresh look for all she has to accomplish that day.
8. Slip On Black Leggings. A pair of black leggings gives an extra dose of style to a skirt or dress. Try wearing them with your maxi dress to complete the look. They provide warmth on a cool day and instantly give your legs a leaner look. Wear your black leggings with ankle boots, sandals or even your sneakers to look fashionable on the go!
9. Choose a Colorful Trench Coat. As a busy mom, you want a jacket or coat you can just throw on as you leave the house with your child. Instead of going with a traditional tan or black trench coat, why not try one with a little more style? Get a white trench coat with red or pink polka dots. Or, try one in a pastel green with white piping around the collar, hem and cuffs. A fashionable trench coat that you can throw on over jeans or a skirt and blouse is a must-have for any mom looking to enhance her style.
10. Wear a Meaningful Piece of Jewelry. A mom can boost her style and share her love for her child with a simple piece of jewelry. One idea is to get a gold charm for a necklace or bracelet in the shape of the first letter of your child’s name. Try looking for a letter in elegant script instead of opting for plain print. A beautiful silver locket with a picture of the baby or child inside is a classic choice for moms. Carry a reminder of your child wherever you go while looking your absolute best.
Remember that moms of all ages can be as fashionable as they want to be. These are just ten ideas to get you started on your way to making a fashion statement as a fabulous mom!