Online:
Visits:
Stories:
Profile image
By silveristhenew (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:
Total:

Denmark: Socialism’s Prize Nation Slave State

Friday, March 23, 2012 22:16
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

Be prepared for the next great transfer of wealth. Buy physical silver and storable food.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 7:53PM

[Editor's Note: The following is from TDV Manager, Michael Bach]

Here are some fun facts about Denmark. Or, facts about Denmark you would find outrageous if you have ever been in a free country.

Being born and raised in Denmark, I recently returned there after 8 years of enjoying the freedom of Mexico. It was very strange to go back and see how what had once been normal for me now baffled me. And when asking other Danes about these things I found their reactions to seem very unusual. To them, that is just the way it is.

HOW I GOT INDOCTRINATED INTO LIBERTARIANISM

As background, until I met Jeff Berwick by chance in an Acapulco cafe about seven months ago I was just happily living my life in Acapulco. I knew it felt a lot freer but I never really had given it much thought as to why… or the philosophy of freedom. I just knew that I was born in Denmark and I enjoyed living more in Mexico. That’s it.

Jeff mentioned to me that he needed some help… and I needed some work so we quickly began to work together. Little did I know that just by reading the writings at TDV it would awaken me as to what is really going on in the world… and in a way, ruin my life. The life I used to have. Once you begin to become aware of the truth it is hard to live how you used to anymore.

And so, after eight years of living away from Denmark upon returning the conclusion I quickly came to was that the Danish people have been well and truly enslaved by the State.

Denmark, as with all “social-democratic welfare states” of Northern Europe is heralded as some sort of ideal society to be mimicked by the world. As with all socialist societies, what you are actually witnessing is a sort of Potemkin Village on a national scale.

As Per Henrik Hansen points out:

“We can conclude from this that of the people in the working age of 18 to 66, more than one quarter live passively on government transfers (full time). For every 100 persons employed full time in 1999, there were 33 working-age people receiving support. Adding pensioners, the total number was 61 people on full time transfer income for each 100 full time employed persons. (The pensioners are financed by a pay-as-you-go pension scheme). And out of those who are employed, 31.5 percent work for the government.”

Given that employees of the state do not pay taxes, what you have in reality is a nation where 30% of the population is productive and supports the other 70%. Clearly not a situation that can be kept up for very long, and the demographics of Denmark indicate that the state is destroying the will to continue on.

Denmark has an entire population of 5,350,000 people. Of them, 1,150,000 are below 18 years old. Of the remaining 4,200,000 people, 2,214,000 people receive government transfer payments (not counting 260,000 students that receive public scholarships of $550 per month).

From taxing their citizens into poverty to forcing them to endure the highest electricity rates in the world due to the cult like obsession with lowering carbon emissions (god forbid it actually warms up a bit in Denmark!), the Danish State takes top marks for keeping the prisoners down.

I thought I might share with you a few of the observations and thoughts I had on the worker’s paradise of Denmark.

READ MORE

Thanks to BrotherJohnF

Read more at silveristhenew



Source:

Report abuse

Comments

Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories
 

Featured

 

Top Global

 

Top Alternative

 

Register

Newsletter

Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.