Nobody has a lot of time these days to spend hours applying makeup only to have to reapply it again repeatedly throughout the day because the cosmetics are literally falling off the face. For sure you’ve been in such an awkward situation before but then, the morning rush simply wouldn’t allow you more time to get your lipstick or your eye makeup right. Besides, you really don’t want to spend more than you have to applying makeup because that’s precious time you’d rather spend sleeping in some more or to enjoy a hearty breakfast on your breakfast table and not on the road.
5 easy makeup hacks to get you up and running fast
Your prayers have been answered! No more useless hours trying to get your makeup right. Be faster than the ticking clock at 7 am with these 5 hacks guaranteed to make your life easier every morning:
1. Get acquainted with a BB Cream. BB means “beauty balm”. Forget having to layer on sunscreen, moisturizer, foundation and concealer — in this order — each time giving the preceding product time to be absorbed well into your skin. With a BB cream, accomplish all of these 4 steps in a single swipe! Interested? To get the best BB cream that will be practical for daily, daytime use, look for a product that’s lightweight but that gives you just enough coverage without making your skin feel sticky and unable to breathe.
2. Keep your concealer. Even though your BB cream would provide sufficient performance to substitute for your concealer base, a concealer is so versatile that you will continue to need it to perform hacks you never probably imagined possible, including making up for fine lines and wrinkles that not even an Encante Serum can correct.
Matte remains to be the best makeup texture to wear everyday that will not make your products slip off of your face by lunch break. A concealer will help you achieve a matte finish for any kind and any texture of makeup, and will even keep your colors in place. Brush it on your eyelids, lip outline and fill in your lips with it for quick and easy matte finish. Give yourself an instant brow lift by drawing under the lower eyebrow line with your concealer.
3. Mix up your own concealer. So now that you agree you simply can’t live without a concealer, what do you do if you don’t have one? Make one! Blend in your liquid foundation with more of your loose powder to make it drier more than it is fluid. Once you achieve the texture of a concealer, you’re ready to apply it on areas where concealer correction is necessary. You can even add in red, silk lipstick to this mixture to cover up dark, purplish under eyes, where normally, a salmon-colored concealer would have done the job.
4. Winged eyeliner is possible with eye pencil! Sharpen your eye pencil. Take a lighter and fire up the ends just until the lead begins to melt. Cool for a few seconds before using on your eyelids. Wing the corners of your eyelids while the pencil is warm. Then, bring in the color towards your tear gland.
5. Curl your eyelashes in one press. No need to keep pressing. Get just the right curl and flair you are aiming for. Heat your eyelash curlers with your blower in the hot setting first then press on your eyelashes. Better yet, completely free yourself from having to worry about your eyelashes everyday by getting yourself an eyelash extension — one time appointment, good for three months, with minimal maintenance and cost — beautiful eyelashes on as soon as you get up and check yourself in the mirror!
Makeup should be an enjoyable thing to do. Follow these 5 tips and start looking forward to applying your makeup every morning again!
Written by Jazz Pollard
I’m a post-graduate and works for Solvaderm Skincare, a writer and beauty researcher, with over a decade of experience researching and writing as a profession and as a passion. As a beauty blogger, I write articles on beauty and makeup-related topics, including makeup tips, skincare issues, anti-aging issues, eyelash enhancers, Lip Plumpers and best make-up tips and tricks, and use the power of self-motivation in my writing.