World Embedded Multimedia Card (eMMC) Market: Opportunities and Forecasts, 2014–2022
In the past, devices such as smartphones, digital cameras, and tablets were equipped with a dedicated controller for managing data read/write. However, currently, these embedded applications use flash memory for content storage. As the semiconductor industry progressed with higher density storage products, the controllers have proven to be inefficient in managing the functions from outside the flash die. This evoked the development of embedded multimedia card (eMMC) as a standardized technique to bundle the controller into the flash die.
eMMCs are incorporated as a package consisting of flash memory and a flash memory controller combined on a silicon die. They comprise three major components: multimedia card (MMC) interface, flash memory, and flash memory controller.
The eMMC market is driven by the increase in sale of smartphones and the need for integrated memory in mobile computing devices. However, frequent changes in technology leading to the development of more advanced products such as Universal Flash Storage (UFS) hinder the market growth. Rise in the demand for advanced memory solutions for electronic devices and continuous technological developments provide huge opportunities for the growth of eMMC market.
Key players operating in this market include Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., SanDisk Corporation, SK Hynix Inc., Phison Electronics Corporation, Greenliant Systems Inc., Kingston Technology Company Inc., Micron Technology, Inc., Silicon Motion Technology Corporation, Transcend Information, Inc., and Toshiba Corporation. These players have launched new products such as eMMC Triple Level Cell (TLC), eMMC NANDrive embedded solid state drives (SSDs), and others in the market. In July 2013, Micron Technology, Inc. acquired Elpida Memory, Inc., a Japanese corporation. This acquisition provided Micron Technology, Inc. new facilities for wafer fabrication.
The eMMC market is segmented by density, application, end user, and geography. The various densities of eMMCs available are 2GB–4GB, 8GB–16GB, 32GB–64GB, and 128GB–256GB. eMMCs are used in variety of applications including smartphones, digital cameras, GPS systems, and others (e-readers, tablets, and PCs). Key end users include automotive, industrial, healthcare, public, IT & telecom, and other sectors (retail and energy & utility). Geographically, the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
• This study comprises analytical depiction of the world eMMC market, with current trends and future estimations to depict the imminent investment pockets.
• The overall market potential is determined to understand the profitable trends for gaining a stronger market coverage.
• The report presents information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
• The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2014 to 2022, and highlights the financial competency of the market.
• Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers.
• Value chain analysis provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved.
The market is segmented on the basis of density, application, end user, and geography.
• Digital Cameras
• GPS System
• Others (E-readers, Tablets, and PCs)
BY END USER
• Aerospace & Defense
• IT & telecom
• Others (Retail and Energy & Utility)
• North America
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
o Latin America
o Middle East
• Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
• SanDisk Corporation
• SK Hynix Inc.
• Phison Electronics Corporation
• Greenliant Systems Inc.
• Kingston Technology Company Inc.
• Transcend Information, Inc.
• Toshiba Corporation
• Micron Technology, Inc.
• Silicon Motion Technology Corporation
Get Full Report with Table of Contents at http://www.YourResearchHub.com/products/World-Embedded-Multimedia-Card-eMMC-Market-Opportunities-and-Forecasts-2014-2022
Whether you’re looking for new product trends or competitive analysis of an existing or emerging market, YourResearchHub.com has the best research offerings and the expertise to make sure you efficiently get the critical information you need. Don’t limit your choices.
Here is a quick insight into the variety of curated knowledge content we offer:
We’d be glad to assist you with your quest for knowledge. Get in touch today to discuss your needs.
Please call us or write to us:
UK: +44 208123 7101
Follow Us –
Browse Blog at http://www.yourresearchhub.com/blogs/news