Across the country, colleges have responded to Trump’s election by pulling back into childishness like a turtle into its shell. At this point it would be impossible to exaggerate the absurdity of campus snowflakes and the leftist educrats who aid and abet their refusal to grow up:
• The University of Michigan offered its traumatized students coloring books and Play-Doh to calm them. (Are its students in college or kindergarten?)
• The University of Kansas reminded its stressed-out kids that therapy dogs, a regular campus feature, were available.
• Cornell University, an Ivy League school, held a campus-wide “cry-in,” with officials handing out tissues and hot chocolate.
• Tufts University offered its devastated students arts and crafts sessions. (OK, not kindergarten — more like summer camp.)
• At campuses from elite Yale to Connecticut to Iowa and beyond, professors canceled classes and/or exams — either because students asked or because instructors were too distraught to teach.
Under leftist control, higher education is becoming a daycare service.
On tips from Steve A and Bodhisattva.