Here’s everything Donald Trump & Mike Pence promised he would do on his first day in office:
- “Repeal every single Obama executive order.” (He has also pledged more specifically to “eliminate every unconstitutional executive order.”)
- “Repeal Obamacare.” (On Trump’s campaign website, he’s less bullish, promising only to “ask Congress” on day one to repeal Obamacare immediately.)
- “End the war on coal.“
- “Begin swiftly removing criminal illegal immigrants from this country.” (More specifically, Trump has promised to do this in his “first hour” in office, “day one, before the wall, before anything.”)
- “Begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful, southern border wall.”
- Meet with Homeland Security officials and generals to begin securing the southern border.
- “Notify all countries that refuse to take back dangerous illegal immigrants who have committed crimes in this country that they will lose access to our visa programs if they continue to do so.”
- Convene his top generals and inform them they have 30 days to come up with a plan to stop ISIS.
- Fix the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Call the heads of major companies who are moving operations oversea to inform them that they’ll face 35 percent tariffs.
- “Contact countries and say…’Folks, we love protecting you, we want to continue to protect you but you’re not living up to the bargain’…They’re not paying what they’re supposed to be paying—which is very little, by the way.”
- “Defend the unborn.”
- “Withdraw from TPP.“
- “Start taking care of our…military.”
- Suspend Syrian refugee resettlement.
- “Notify our NAFTA partners of my intention to renegotiate the deal.”
- “Designate China as a currency manipulator.”
- “Direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations, and they are going to be removed.“
- “Get rid of gun-free zones [in] schools” and “military bases”—which would require repealing a 25-year-old federal law. (“My first day, it gets signed, okay? My first day. There’s no more gun-free zones.”)
- “Ask Congress to pass ‘Kate’s Law’—named for Kate Steinle—to ensure that criminal aliens convicted of illegal reentry receive strong mandatory minimum sentences.“
- Learn the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas.
From Mother Jones (I’m not linking to those freaks, look it up yourself).