Profile image
Story Views

Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:

From Joke To Reality

Friday, November 11, 2016 0:50
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

After obama was elected a number of jokes went around the internet where a boss, facing hard times due to obama’s economic policies and having to lay some people off, looks out on the employee parking lot and chooses for layoff those employees with obama bumper stickers. Obama Bumper Sticker Joke

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack [sic] Obama is our President and that our insurance costs, taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.

This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn’t know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty ‘Obama’ bumper stickers on our employees’ cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can’t think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change, I gave it to them.

Well, the CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday telling employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign. FoxNews


If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here. We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team.”

Cute. Really cute. Private business seeking to punish private thoughts. “Orwell … calling Mr. George Orwell”. Talk about a hostile work environment. And it’s sad to see the absurdity of humor making its way into reality. Especially as humor is frequently a defense against the reality of dark or hard times.

Reportedly 20% of Grubhub employees have thanked the CEO for his email. As for the other 80% … fine tuning their resumes I expect. And as for the CEO … I hear corporate legal wants to have a discussion.


We encourage you to Share our Reports, Analyses, Breaking News and Videos. Simply Click your Favorite Social Media Button and Share.

Report abuse


Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories



Top Global


Top Alternative




Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.