This new report comes from the “New Atlantis: Journal of Technology & Society”. Decidedly NOT from the Church or the right wing.
Summary: Not Supported By Scientific Evidence
Part One: Sexual Orientation
● The understanding of sexual orientation as an innate, biologically fixed property of human beings — the idea that people are “born that way” — is not supported by scientific evidence.
Part Two: Sexuality, Mental Health Outcomes, and Social Stress
● Compared to the general population, non-heterosexual subpopulations are at an elevated risk for a variety of adverse health and mental health outcomes.
Part Three: Gender Identity
● The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex — that a person might be “a man trapped in a woman’s body” or “a woman trapped in a man’s body” — is not supported by scientific evidence.
● According to a recent estimate, about 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as a gender that does not correspond to their biological sex.
● Studies comparing the brain structures of transgender and non-transgender individuals have demonstrated weak correlations between brain structure and cross-gender identification. These correlations do not provide any evidence for a neurobiological basis for cross-gender identification.
I have a 16 year old daughter who has been brainwashed by the new pop-culture idea of gender-fluidity. She “identifies” as a dude. I have no patience for make-believe so we politely agree to disagree. She knows we love her and that will never change, but we think her decision is an act of rebellion and asked that she not make any decision that will permanently affect her body, as her perspective on life will be vastly different in 2, 5, 10, 20 years.
This bit of science without agenda is refreshing in the modern age of publicly-funded goal-seeking “science”.