How The Left Operates
Remember these are the people that complain about the hate in our hearts. When I first saw this video my emotion was pity and sadness over how society and in particular their parents had failed these young people. First you have the young man ? who is obviously bereft of a father figure to provide guidance and aid him in growing into a man. He has neither the confidence in his cause or his ability to make his case that he strikes a woman and feels justified doing so because she disagrees with him.
Then there is the young woman, in the yellow cap. Where did things go wrong for her ? What can explain that kind of hatred. She is positively gleeful in perjuring herself. You see a complete lack of moral education here. It’s like watching a feral child that has someone picked up the accoutrements civilization, (clothing, language, how to navigate a city) without any of the spiritual values that allowed the civilization to be built.
Hillary’s Tax Plan Will Kill 697,000 Jobs, Says The Tax Foundation
Lets face it, no regular readers of this site had any real hopes for it, but it’s always nice to have detailed analysis from the experts
- Hillary Clinton would enact a number of policies that would raise taxes on individual income, increase tax credits, and reform business taxation.
- According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would increase federal tax revenue by $1.4 trillion over the next decade on a static basis.
- The plan would increase marginal tax rates on individuals and businesses, which would lead to a 2.6 percent lower level of GDP. The smaller long-run economy would also lead to lower levels of wages and full-time equivalent jobs.
- After accounting for the smaller economy and narrower tax base, the plan would increase revenue by $663 billion.
- On net, the plan makes the tax code more progressive. The plan would reduce the after-tax incomes of the top 1 percent of taxpayers by 6.6 percent but increase the after-tax income of all other income groups by at least 0.1 percent. After accounting for the smaller long-run size of the economy, all after-tax incomes would fall by at least 0.1 percent in the long run.
The usual plan from the left, more taxes, less growth, less for everyone but those that can afford to navigate ever more complicated tax laws.
Manhattan Pharmacy Decides To Charge Male Customers An Extra 7 Percent Man Tax
In one such example, a Manhattan pharmacy announced on Monday that they will be hitting their male customers with an extra seven percent “man tax”—get this—in the name of “equality.”
Jolie Alony, the owner of the SoHo pharmacy, Thompson Chemists, designed the anti-man scheme as way to “level the playing field” for allegedly victimized women, in reference to the well-debunked “gender wage gap” myth and the so-called “pink tax.” Alony also says she’s making a political statement in support of Hillary Clinton and against Donald Trump. Big surprise there.
“We thought it’d be a great idea with all the political things going on—with Clinton being such a woman and the other guy and his womanizing,” said Alony.
To me the nub of the story is that in the words of Erick Erickson, we have been made to care. We care to the point of obsession to the point of insanity to the point of self destruction. This store isn’t selling sundries, it’s vending wrath and false righteousness. It’s sad that our society has fallen so far that hate is now a product sold in drugstores.
This is what has replaced freedom in America. We are free to care about whatever the outrage of the moment is. We are free to care about pointless trivia that should never have made it into print. We are free to demonstrate our virtue by hating the detestables in the public crosshairs today. We truly have the freedom of the anthill.
Quotes of the Day
Power always thinks, that it is doing God’s service when it is violating all his laws.
Drink up That’s it for the Watercooler today. As always it’s an open thread