Missiles fired at US Navy ships near Yemen
US military launches strikes on Yemen
US Joins Yemen Conflict With Cruise Missile Strikes On Anti-Saudi Targets
We can now put away any speculation whether the US will limit its support and arming of Saudi Arabia in its ongoing campaign over Yemen over “war crime” concerns. Overnight, the U.S. military not only did not rebuke the Saudis for a military campaign that has claimed nearly 10,000 innocent civilian lives, but became the latest entrant in the Yemen offensive, when it launched cruise missile strikes on Thursday to knock out three coastal radar sites in areas of Yemen controlled by Iran-aligned Houthi forces, in what was supposedly a retaliation after failed missile attacks this week on a U.S. Navy destroyer, U.S. officials said. Cited by Reuters, U.S. officials speaking on condition of anonymity, said U.S. Navy destroyer USS Nitze launched the Tomahawk cruise missiles around 4 a.m. (0100 GMT). The strikes, authorized by President Barack Obama, represent Washington’s first direct military action against suspected Houthi-controlled targets in Yemen’s conflict. The US Navy released the following video of the airstrikes:
As we reported previously, U.S. officials said there growing indications – if no official proof – that Houthi fighters, or forces aligned with them, were responsible for Sunday’s attempted strikes, in which two coastal cruise missiles designed to target ships failed to reach the destroyer. And like on all previous occasions when the US got involved in a nation’s sovereign affairs, the Pentagon stressed the limited nature of the strikes, aimed at radar that enabled the launch of at least three missiles against the U.S. Navy ship USS Mason on Sunday and Wednesday. What it did, however, was make Saudi incursions into Yemen even easier, providing the Saudi airforce a corridor deep into the country which making sure Yemen was unable to retaliate against its invaders. Of course, the official line is different:
“These limited self-defense strikes were conducted to protect our personnel, our ships and our freedom of navigation,” Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook adding that “these radars were active during previous attacks and attempted attacks on ships in the Red Sea,” including the USS Mason, one of the officials said, adding the targeted radar sites were in remote areas where the risk of civilian casualties was low. In retrospect one now wonders if the “cruise missiles” that fell close to the US ships were merely the latest false flag providing the US cover to launch another foreign intervention.To be sure, the Houthis, who are battling the internationally-recognized government of Yemen President Abd Rabbu Mansour al-Hadi, denied any involvement in Sunday’s attempt to strike the USS Mason.
On Thursday, the Houthis reiterated a denial that they carried out the strikes and said they did not come from areas under their control, a news agency controlled by the group reported a military source as saying. The allegations were false pretexts to “escalate aggression and cover up crimes committed against the Yemeni people”, the source said. it wouldn’t be the first time that the US has done just that to launch an offensive war (without Congressional approval). Sure enough, the US from immediately launching a strategic attack.
US army destroys 3 Yemeni radar sites
WW3 UPDATE ! Iran sends warships to Yemen in response to US attack on the Houthis !
Iranian warships deployed off Yemen coast after US bombs Houthi targets
Iran has deployed a fleet of warships to the Gulf of Aden, the republic’s naval commander has confirmed. The deployment follows US cruise missile strikes on Yemeni positions thought to be under Houthi rebel control.
The Iranian Navy has sent the warships to international waters for a mission that includes entering the area off the southern coast of Yemen, Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari confirmed on Wednesday. The area is among the world’s busiest maritime trade routes.
“The fleet will provide security to sea ways for Iranian vessels and protect Iran’s interests on the high seas,” Sayyari told Press TV.
“The 34th Fleet is comprised of the Bushehr logistic vessel and Alborz destroyer, and will conduct a three-month mission.”
The commander said the fleet had departed from the southern port city of Bandar Abbas in Iran. He dismissed claims the fleet has been deployed to intervene in the conflict in Yemen.
Iranian ships have been tasked with providing security for civil boat traffic and protecting commercial vessels and oil tankers from pirates in the region, the rear admiral told Iranian television on Thursday.
Ansarullah leader accuses Saudi Arabia of Funeral Massacre
Houthi rebels ambush Saudi troops in Jizan mountains
Yemeni Forces Kill 15 Saudi Troops in Clashes on Kingdom’s Soil
At least 15 Saudi troops were killed during clashes with Yemeni military forces backed by Ansarullah fighters in Saudi Arabia’s Southwestern region of Jizan. Around 40 Saudi forces were also injured in the failed Wednesday attack on the Yemeni troops, who are holding positions in the region’s mountains, presstv reported. The Yemeni forces also launched artillery attacks on the Saudi bases in the region and destroyed a Saudi military vehicle.
Earlier, Yemeni troops hit the Malek al-Faisal military base in the city of Khamis Mushait in the Asir region with a ballistic missile. Yemeni troops also successfully targeted a Saudi military base in the Southwestern Saudi region of Najran, inflicting heavy losses on it. Yemen’s military carry out such attacks against the gatherings of Saudi mercenaries inside Yemen as well as targets in the kingdom’s southwest in retaliation for Riyadh’s 19-month-long military campaign against the country.
Meanwhile, Saudi warplanes targeted a civilian vehicle in the Western province of Ma’rib, killing four people and injuring two others. Saudi aircraft also bombed the Bani Matar district in the adjacent province of Sana’a several times.
Al-Dhaher and Haydan districts in the remote Northwestern province of Sa’ada were also pounded by Saudi jets.
YEMEN Funeral Deaths Reaches 720 – All Nations That Remained Silent Culpable in Saudi War Crimes.
Nasrallah hails Yemeni resistance against Saudis