It’s been said by those in the know, that there’s no way that anyone outside of team headquarters, could be more accurate on the Ravens salary cap situation than RSR’s Brian McFarland. Recently I sat down with Brian to discuss the challenges the Ravens face this offseason (and there are many) and what we could expect from the team’s front office. This could very well be a war of attrition for the Ravens.
Photo Credit: Baltimore Ravens
• What is the Ravens current cap situation?
• What are the next roster moves we can expect and their impact on the cap?
• What players are near certainties to go and what kind of cap savings can their releases trigger?
• How do the Ravens compare cap wise to other AFCN teams? To the 2016 playoff teams?
• The Ravens seem to be tight against the cap seemingly every year. How would you suggest they manage it better? What might the cap situation look like at this time in 2018?
• It seems that the market is flush with cap dollars but not many blue chip FA’s. Do you think that will drive up the price for those FA’s that are available?
• Complementary veteran WR… Pierre Garcon‘s name keeps popping up. What might he cost?
• Mike Wallace…How could they extend him for a year with a new contract that would represent a win-win and free up some cap space?
• Kamar Aiken…how might the market assess his value?
• Jeremy Zuttah…stay or go?
• Ben Watson or Dennis Pitta or neither?
• Discuss likelihood of new contracts for: Rick Wagner, Brandon Williams and Kyle Juszczyk.