(Before It's News)
The hour is late and the very real threat of a nuclear or EMP attack is in our faces and can happen at any moment. If you have not been prepping, the stuff that will make this transition into prehistoric days easier has passed!
But it’s not too late for the bare, vital essentials. You must do the following steps NOW! There is NO TIME LEFT when WAR has been declared either by act from our enemies or word from Big Brother. Don’t count on the latter.
I won’t be going into details, and the minimal explantions on why to do this or that will be just that. Minimal. It’s time to get down to the nitty gritty, no-time-to-study, no time to build a safe room, etc. We are talking ESSENTALS, no frills, no luxury items. At the very least read the following, have the basic information in your head to work from. If you wait, and all utilities are lost, you lost out too. This post will be in lala land somewhere.
Lets jump right in to the worse case scenario; nuclear.
- SHELTER The first few hours are the most dangerous! Take cover as deep as you can go, layering anything you get your hands on, placed above you. A basement is ideal but not always accessible. The map above is an example of radioactive fallout waves to help you with your planning. What if you’re at the grocery store when an attack hits? Most likely your vehicle will not work when you venture out to head home (only after the first few hours should you leave). Have sturdy, sensible shoes in your vehicle along with a backpack with essentials such as water, extra jacket etc. No camo clothing, you do NOT want to stand out. No heat in the house? Set up your camping tent indoors, sleep in it, play in it, read in it, live in it to conserve body heat. NEVER set up the family BBQ indoors, you will all die. That isNOT an exaggeration. Do NOT use the gas oven to heat the house, with the door left open the thermostat cannot regulate and a lovely life-threatening fire will ensue.
- WASTE Plan on not being able to go outside for a few weeks. If you have pets you need to prepare for the disposal of their waste as well as your own. Walmart carrys chemicals in their boating section for human waste and they have buckets in the paint dept. Take it from there. Kitty litter also good to deter odors. And Walmart has mint-scented trash bags that also repells insects and rodents. You may need puppy training pads to re-educate your pets on where to potty indoors. Baby wipes or even large pieces of fabric to use as a re-useable toilet paper. Different color or print for each member of the household. Each cleans their own pad/fabric piece and keeps it clean. Hygene never was more important than in this situation.
- WATER Begin storing water NOW. Fill every conceivable container. Walmart sells 7 gallon aqua-tainers and they will be out of stock real soon. Get bleach that has no additives (scent, etc) use ONLY pure bleach. Add 1.5 teaspoons of pure bleach to every 7 gallons of water. Fill your washing machine, yout tub, water, water, water! You might collect water from irrigation ditches or ponds for your animals BEFORE any attack, absolutely NOT AFTER, stored in a clearly marked separate container. Irrigation water is NOT fit for human consumption. If you have bottled water that has expired, use it for the animals, they won’t mind or use it for cooking. Do NOT throw any saved water out! And do NOT use water from any of your faucets after an attack! It will be seriously contaminated, as-in you will glow in the dark contaminated! We’re not playing here.
- FAMILY Condition your emotions. For those who have adult children living in another state than you, or who are hundreds of miles away, you need to come to terms that you may not ever get together. Especially with an EMT: no phones, no vehicles, no email/text, no nada. Total rustic barbaric conditions. You will not be able to contact your loved ones. Plan for that, get your head wrapped around that. This will be extremly difficult! Provisions for a crowd, but figure you will go through this alone. Those with children, plenty of indoor activities: crayons, nerf balls, board games, cards.
- 411 Have a am/fm radio with batteries for updates. But please take any broadcasted update with a grain of salt. A tiny bit of paranoia and a large dose of wisdom during this time would be a very good thing.
- PROTECTION Baseball bat, prayer, weapons, lumber, your pet. Open your door to NO ONE automatically, no matter how frantic the person may sound! Be sure who is at your door always first. Always, no matter how competent your guard dog is. People are attacking others over a toaster on Black Fridays, it will be even worse during WROL/SHTF! Open your door and you are dead. In more than one way. Preparation NOW: Go and dig a hole the size of your ice chest plusabout a foot deeper than the container. Save the fill dirt AWAY from your hole. This is a stealth burial so to speak. Cover the hole with wood and plants. If, during martial law, you hear of gun/weapon confiscation, go put your weapons & ammo in the ice chest and bury them! I would also add a few heavy duty trash bags (the ice chest within the bag as added protection against the elements) You will NOT have time to do this AFTER hearing about gun grabs, the hole must be prepared ahead of time, and in an inconspicuous area. Will they use metal detectors? A bigger hole. I hear some boast that ‘no military is taking their weapons from them’. Well that sounds nice and tough, maybe brave, but only to yourself. We all know what will happen if you try to out-gun or resist. Instant death. Problem is, those with you will be killed as well. Think.
- PETS If your pet cannot viciously and completely protect you, give it away NOW. To simply let the animal(s) loose once SHTF is cruel and they will die a horrific death. If you keep the animal(s) and provisions will not last, put the animal down, its the most humane (& difficult) thing to do. Ladies: time to cowgirl up, drop the sentimentalities, they will be your undoing.
- FOOD Fallout can and will land on your food stuffs, cans, packages, whatever. Wipe them down with a damp cloth before opening. Never toss the canning liquid, you will need the water. Drink it or give it to your pet. Save cooking water as well, use it to rehydrate a survival meal next time or give to the pets. If the cooking water is really, horribly fouled, and been reused over & over, it can be used in the bathroom for rinsing/wiping. You are not throwing out ANY water. You MUST be a total scrooge with your water!
- MEDICATION Renew your prescriptions in a 3-month supply NOW. Keep plenty of burn treatment and bandaging, anticeptics on hand. (Radiation burns) Start your homemade antibiotic tinctures NOW, they last for years but take 3 weeks to ‘ripen’.
I will be updating and adding to this post throughout the coming days and weeks. Be careful, folks. If you have other last-minute survial tips, please use the comment section and thanks in advance for your contributions, wonderful to help each other out.
For more details go to http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm
ARE YOU COMPLETELY PREPARED?
IT’S THE MOST IMPORTANT PREP YOU CAN DO!
The Bible tells us that every human has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God which is is a heart-penetrating truth. He has provided a way to cleanse us of our sins since we can never be “good enough” to cleanse ourselves. That avenue to God’s grace, mercy and forgiveness (the cleansing of our sins) is through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth Who is equally God.
Not one of us are guaranteed a “tomorrow”. Has your time run out? Will you continue to ignore the promptings of God the Holy Spirit or have you awakened to the essential need for God, risking eternal damnation?
God the Holy Father, God the Holy Son and God the Holy Spirit are One God, the true, living, uncreated God Who is ever-present, all knowing, all powerful and all loving. He desires that every single person be forgiven, saved and to live eternally with Him. He is our only real protection and His love for you is unchanging. Accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, the true Messiah, today.
You can’t take your salvation for a test drive. You’re all-in or not.
Admit to Him that you are a sinner in need of forgiveness, that you are truly sorry for your sins. Acknowledge that He died for your sins, rose from the dead and lives forevermore. Invite Him into your life and to help you to turn from sin. Rejoice! You just became a Christian! Now trust in Him and get to know Him through the Bible which tells us everything we need to know and through prayer/talking to Him. He eagerly desires relationship with you.