Profile image
By AmmoLand (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:

Home Intruder Arson Shot By Father

Sunday, November 13, 2016 7:57
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

Bob Irwin highlights the latest self defense and other shootings of the week. Read them and see what went wrong, what went right and what we can learn from self defense with a gun.

Fire Lighter Survival GearHome Intruder Arson Shot By Father Bob IrwinBob Irwin

USA –-( Lubbock Avalanche Journal reports 10-23-2016, in Lubbock, Texas, police responded to a burglary call about 2:15 a.m. Sunday in the 3700 block of 28th Street. Police spokeswoman Tiffany Pelt said Officers arrived to find the suspect lying on the floor with a single gunshot wound to his stomach.

The victims, a family of six, told police they were sleeping when the man broke through a back door and entered their kitchen. One of the victims heard the man and alerted his parents there was an unknown man in their home.

The father told police he warned the suspect he had a gun, police were on the way and he needed to leave. At that point, the father says the suspect told the family to get out of the house as he poured lighter fluid on the floor and attempted to light it on fire.

The father warned the suspect to stop or he would shoot, but the suspect became more agitated and began approaching him. When he had no more room to retreat, he shot the intruder in the stomach.


Another total wacko intruder. Statistics tell us that warnings work in about 95 % of cases. 19 of 20 times the bad guys run or surrender. The other 5% either have a death wish (suicide by civilian) or else are living in a different reality.

One usually cannot reason with either type, people who want to die or the mentally ill. That’s why we practice defensive skills.

Bob Irwin, The Gun Store, Las Vegas

About Bob Irwin

The writer is the owner of The Gun Store in Las Vegas and has a gun talk radio show “Fired Up with Bob Irwin” Firedup is now on KSHP 1400 am radio from 5 to 6 pm on Thursdays and at the same time also on YouTube “Fired Up with Bob Irwin.

This post Home Intruder Arson Shot By Father appeared first on Shooting Sports News .


We encourage you to Share our Reports, Analyses, Breaking News and Videos. Simply Click your Favorite Social Media Button and Share.

Report abuse


Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Top Stories
Recent Stories



Top Global

Top Alternative



Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.