By John Farnam
Ft Collins, CO –-(Ammoland.com)- Another “Ready-or-Not” lesson. This from a friend in Western NY:
“Wednesday, most of Western NY got hammered by a severe windstorm. Niagara Falls reported gusts in excess of 70 mph, and Rochester reported one gust exceeding 80 mph. In Batavia, a 29-car freight train, one containing black powder, was derailed by a gust of wind! Widespread damage to power-lines, telephone lines, cell towers, and structures. No power in many areas. A number of major roads remain closed.
(1) Generators in local stores sold-out almost instantly. When you don’t already have one, you’re out of luck!
(2) Available supplies of all kinds, including food and fuel, are exceedingly finite. When something like this happens, store shelves are bare within hours!
(3) Powerful flashlights are a critical commodity, even during the day when you must work inside buildings with no other light available.
(4) Being able to cook and boil water is also critical when the incident lasts more than a few days. Wood-burning fireplaces, and pots for open-fire cooking, are handy! Camping stoves also work well, so long as you have fuel.
(5) Tree limbs, even small ones, can effectively block driveways and roads. Bow-saws and axes/hatchets are yet another critical commodity!
(6) You may have to walk. The sage wear sturdy shoes and boots. Flip-flop wearers don’t get far!
(7) Police/fire response is extremely limited, maybe non-existent.
Guns and fire extinguishers had better be on-hand. You’re going to have to handle security emergencies yourself! The unarmed are exceptionally vulnerable.”
Personal preparedness starts with correct attitude! The clueless, naive, and vain are always the first to perish!
About John Farnam & Defense Training International, Inc
As a defensive weapons and tactics instructor John Farnam will urge you, based on your own beliefs, to make up your mind in advance as to what you would do when faced with an imminent and unlawful lethal threat. You should, of course, also decide what preparations you should make in advance, if any. Defense Training International wants to make sure that their students fully understand the physical, legal, psychological, and societal consequences of their actions or inactions.
It is our duty to make you aware of certain unpleasant physical realities intrinsic to the Planet Earth. Mr Farnam is happy to be your counselor and advisor. Visit: www.defense-training.com