Profile image
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:
Total:

Terrorist Bomb Blast at Ariana Grande Concert Kills 20, Wounds Dozens

Monday, May 22, 2017 21:18
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

Ariana Grande concert: Blast a ‘terrorist incident’

Deadly explosion also wounds dozens, as UK police calls explosion at US pop star’s performance a ‘terrorist incident’.

Unconfirmed reports from two unnamed US officials suggested the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.

Following Ariana Grande’s performance, a huge blast went off. Manchester residents claimed to hear the bang a mile away from the arena. The venue held about 20,000 people for the event. 

“This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise.” says May, PM of UK.

Armed police and bomb squads arrived at the scene. 

According to law enforcement, the attack claimed the lives of at least 20 people, and hundreds more were wounded. Ariana Grande is safe, according to her spokesman.

                                          

North West Ambulance Service said it had taken 59 casualties from the explosion to hospitals and treated a number of walking wounded.

Greater Manchester Police has established an emergency telephone number in response to the attack. It is: 0161 856 9400.

The prime minister has suspended Conservative Party general election campaigning and will chair a meeting of the government’s emergency Cobra committee later, in response to the attack.

Mrs May said: “We are working to establish the full details” of what happened in Manchester.

“A huge bomb-like bang went off that hugely panicked everyone and we were all trying to flee the arena,” concert-goer Majid Khan, 22, told Britain’s Press Association.

Catherine Macfarlane told Reuters news agency the blast hit after the concert was over.

“We were making our way out and when we were right by the door there was a massive explosion and everybody was screaming,” Macfarlane said.

“It was a huge explosion – you could feel it in your chest. It was chaotic. Everybody was running and screaming and just trying to get out.”

“All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected,” Mrs May said.

BBC Home Affairs Correspondent Daniel Sandford said senior counter-terrorism officers were assembling in London and liaising with the Home Office.

Police responded to reports of an explosion shortly after 10:35 pm (21:35 GMT) at the arena, which has the capacity to hold 21,000 people, where the US singer had been performing to an audience that included many children.

“So far 19 people have been confirmed dead with around 50 others injured,” Ian Hopkins, Greater Manchester chief constable, said in a statement, adding that those wounded were being treated at six hospitals across Greater Manchester. “

New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo has expressed condolences over the Monday night explosion at UK’s Manchester Arena and said that security measures across some locations will be enhanced.

Report abuse

Comments

Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Total 1 comment
  • beLIEve

    FALSE FLAG FILMED, EDITED, AND READY FOR RELEASE: TARGET: LONDON

    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:52

    http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2017/05/false-flag-filmed-edited-and-ready-for-release-target-london-2911759.html

    :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

    The following comment is courtesy of Jim Stone Freelance

    London activated 1000 troops

    There are now 1000 troops active on London’s streets, with thousands more scheduled to activate. Now perhaps we have the real reason for the false flag terror attack. They need troops in place for something upcoming that is very big and is going to anger the public badly.

    Even if the terror bombing was real, there is absolutely no precedent for having the military respond and put the CITY UNDER MARTIAL LAW. 40 years ago the Irish Republican Army was staging attacks frequently, and the military was not deployed in such a way to handle it. There is something seriously amiss with this, something huge is in the works.

    The reports are that the TROOPS ARE CONSPICUOUSLY PLACED, and are stated to be there to stop “terrorist bombings”. However, If you want to deploy people to stop bombings, you don’t hand them a huge gun, put them in military garb, and say GO FOR IT, because that only makes who to avoid obvious to whoever wants to do a bombing. If there was a legitimate deployment to stop bombing incidents, everyone deployed would be in PLAIN CLOTHES to keep any bomber completely oblivious to the fact he might get caught

    My guess is that the troops were instead PLACED to SCARE the PUBLIC, and that this false flag was done to excuse putting them on the streets. Now, when the government pulls something big, like defying the people’s will on Brexit the military has already been placed to keep control, and no one will question why they are already there.

    http://82.221.129.208/baaasepaget8.html

Top Stories
Recent Stories
 

Featured

 

Top Global

 

Top Alternative

 

Register

Newsletter

Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.