Profile image
By John Rolls (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour:
Last 24 Hours:
Total:

N Korea Issues ‘Emergency Standby Orders’ to Civil Defense Units: Report

Friday, August 11, 2017 16:38
% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

(Before It's News)

Image result for pics of civil defense emergency in north korea

 

By Tyler Durden  /  ZeroHedge

With markets about to close for the next 2 days, the question on every trader’s mind is: “should i carry risk over the weekend, or should I dump it all in case North Korea fires another test, or non-test, ICBM launch which may be just the provocation Trump needs to give the green light to a squadron of B-1 bombers to begin a bombing campaign.” After all, Trump himself tweeted this morning that “military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!” 

While we don’t know if Kim will “find another path”, late on Friday KBS World Radio, the official international broadcasting station of South Korea (which is owned by the Korean Broadcasting System), reports that according to Radio Free Asia (RFA), in a potential warning that Pyongyang may be preparing yet another imminent escalation, “North Korean authorities have dispatched emergency standby orders to the leaders of the ruling Workers’ Party committees and civil defense units.”

More details

Friday’s RFA report quotes a source in Yanggang Province as saying that the Central Military Commission of the party delivered the orders via e-mail.

 

The e-mail apparently arrived even before the North publicly threatened to retaliate against the U.S. “hundreds of thousands of times” over newly approved U.N. sanctions.

A separate source in the North has reportedly told RFA that the state-run Rodong Sinmun newspaper carrying the North’s statement was distributed by military helicopters in Jagang Province on Tuesday. The source said it was the first time military helicopters have been used to deliver the newspaper except when the paper carried new year’s messages by North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

And while the report has yet to be confirmed by other news outlets, traders are furiously hitting refresh on the website of 38North.org for the daily satellite image update of North Korea’s missile launch preparedness, which has yet to hit and which could mean the difference between another sleepy, boring open on Monday and a VIX surging above 20, 30 or more depending on what “path” Kim Jong-Un picks over the next 48 hours.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-11/north-korea-issues-emergency-standby-orders-civil-defense-units-report 

Read more great articles here: http://www.zerohedge.com

Report abuse

Comments

Your Comments
Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

Total 3 comments
  • truck driver

    Bankers will love grabbing everyone’s money that get killed in a war

  • Iggy A

    I can’t speak with great confidence about the current leader in the North, but nothing we’ve seen so far is outside the norm of the North Korean playbook – and that includes Trump’s response.

    There are 3 ways to deal with North Korean provocations: Give it concessions. Ignore it. Or, make Pyongyang think you are crazy enough to start Korean War II and possibly WWIII.

    Choice #1 is the most often taken — which is why the North banks on using Brinkmanship to get badly needed goodies.

    Choice #2 can work — if the US has the stomach to ignore all provocations, including the killing of South Koreans in brazen attacks — and possibly the same against American or Japanese targets.

    Choice #3 has only been tried once that I know of: The Kissinger response to the Ax Murders in the mid-70s.

    But, you can look at what happened after Bush Jr. named the North as part of the Axis of Evil and then invaded Iraq despite widespread global opposition. The North went rather quiet.

    I think the US should ignore the Norths provocations until it either gives up on testing missiles and nukes or commits such a deadly provocation the world is willing to risk what the North might do if we begin to take it out militarily.

    Right now, nobody has the stomach to risk a collapsing North unleashing all it has against South Korea and possibly Japan.

    The war would be over very quickly, but the North has a strong enough first punch to kill an unimaginable number of people in SK and possibly Japan.

    In short, nobody has the stomach to go to war with the North, and the North knows it, but there is a point in which North Korea’s action could change that. Until then, the North would likely stop the missile launches if it believed they no longer caused enough hysteria in the world press to push Washington and others to do something about it.

    • larry4765

      Iggy A, one of the best explanations I have read. Choice #2 is the best unless North Korea does something stupid that # 3 becomes the choice.

Top Stories
Recent Stories
 

Featured

 

Top Global

 

Top Alternative

 

Register

Newsletter

Email this story
Email this story

If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.