New book encourages critical thinking in paleontology
- “The first uses dinosaur paleontology to illustrate logical fallacies and flawed arguments.
- The second is a method for evaluating primary dinosaur literature by students of any major.
- The final example entails critique of dinosaur documentaries based on the appearance of dinosaurs and the disconnect between scientific fact and storytelling techniques.”
Students are owed more than dinosaur facts; lecturers should foster a set of skills that equips students with the tools necessary to be perceptive citizens and science advocates.”
Here at PterosaurHeresies
readers are also provided a set of skills and tools to illustrate logical fallacies and flawed arguments, evaluate and criticize with authority past and present paleo literature and challenge studies flawed by taxon exclusion.
- Do paleontologists engage with those critical of their favorite hypotheses?
- Do paleontologists ever accept (after rigorous testing) critical thinking that overturns their own pet hypotheses and/or traditional paradigms?
- Do paleontologists disrespect critical thinking if it comes from certain sources (ignoring the readily available data while doing so)?
- All of the above?
Take your time in answering these.
Hopefully the Pagnac book will indeed encourage critical thinking. We looked at the lethargy that has always surrounded paleontology here.
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver in destroying viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again! See Testimonials
MitoCopper - First bioavailable copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy.
Prodovite - The Secret To Healing is in the Blood! Complete absorption in 5 minutes.