100 Items That Disappear First in a Disaster
This list has circulated around the ‘net for years. It has been posted, torn apart, praised, and ridiculed many times. Hey – why not here. My opinion? Great list of things to stock up on. Many are common household items while others are not.
Take a gander. Let’s hear your opinions and what additions should be added to the list.
100 Items That Disappear First in a Disaster
(Good ones cost dearly. Gas storage, risky. Noisy…target of thieves; maintenance, etc.)
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets (Increasing in price every two months.)
4. Seasoned Firewood
(About $100 per cord; wood takes 6 – 12 mos. to become dried, for home uses.)
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps
(First choice: Buy CLEAR oil. If scarce, stockpile ANY!)
6. Coleman Fuel
(URGENT $2.69-$3.99/gal. Impossible to stockpile too much.)
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats and Slingshots
8. Hand-Can openers and hand egg beaters, whisks (Life savers!)
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugars
10. Rice – Beans – Wheat
(White rice is now $12.95 – 50# bag. Sam’s Club, stock depleted often.)
11. Vegetable oil (for cooking)
(Without it food burns/must be boiled, etc.)
12. Charcoal and Lighter fluid (Will become scarce suddenly.)
13. Water containers
(Urgent Item to obtain. Any size. Small: HARD CLEAR PLASTIC ONLY)
14. Mini Heater head (Propane) (Without this item, propane won’t heat a room.)
15. Grain Grinder (Non-electric)
16. Propane Cylinders
17. Michael Hyatt’s Y2K Survival Guide
(BEST single y2k handbook for sound advice/tips.)
18. Mantles: Aladdin, Coleman, etc.
(Without this item, longer-term lighting is difficult.)
19. Baby Supplies: Diapers/formula/ointments/aspirin, etc
20. Washboards, Mop Bucket w/wringer (for Laundry)
21. Cook stoves
(Propane, Coleman and Kerosene)
(Critical, due 10 Y2K-forced daily canned food diets.)
23. Propane Cylinder Handle-Holder
(Urgent: Small canister use is dangerous without this item.)
24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products
25. Thermal underwear
(Tops and bottoms)
26. Bow saws, axes and hatchets and Wedges (also, honing oil)
27. Aluminum foil Reg. and Heavy. Duty
(Great Cooking and Barter item)
28. Gasoline containers
(Plastic or Metal)
29. Garbage bags
(Impossible to have too many.)
30. Toilet Paper, Kleenex, paper towel
31. Milk – Powdered and Condensed
(Shake liquid every 3 to 4 months.)
32. Garden seeds (Non-hybrid) (A MUST)
33. Clothes pins/line/hangers (A MUST)
34. Coleman’s Pump Repair Kit: 1(800) 835-3278
35. Tuna Fish (in oil)
36. Fire extinguishers
(or.. large box of Baking soda in every room…)
37. First aid kits
38. Batteries (all sizes…buy furthest-out for Expiration Dates)
39. Garlic, spices and vinegar, baking supplies
40. BIG DOGS (and plenty of dog food)
41. Flour, yeast and salt
(“Strike Anywhere” preferred. Boxed, wooden matches will go first.)
43. Writing paper/pads/pencils/solar calculators
44. Insulated ice chests
(good for keeping items from freezing in Wintertime)
45. Work boots, belts, Levis and durable shirts
46. Flashlights/Light Sticks and torches, “No.76 Dietz” Lanterns
47. Journals, Diaries and Scrapbooks
(Jot down ideas, feelings, experiences: Historic times!)
48. Garbage cans Plastic
(great for storage, water, transporting – if with wheels)
49. Men’s Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc
50. Cast iron cookware (sturdy, efficient)
51. Fishing supplies/tools
52. Mosquito coils/repellent sprays/creams
53. Duct tape
56. Laundry detergent (Liquid)
57. Backpacks and Duffle bags
58. Garden tools and supplies
59. Scissors, fabrics and sewing supplies
60. Canned Fruits, Veggies, Soups, stews, etc.
(plain, NOT scented: 4 to 6% sodium hypochlorite)
62. Canning supplies (Jars/lids/wax)
63. Knives and Sharpening tools: files, stones, steel
64. Bicycles…Tires/tubes/pumps/chains, etc.
65. Sleeping bags and blankets/pillows/mats
66. Carbon Monoxide Alarm (battery powered)
67. Board Games Cards, Dice
68. d-Con Rat poison, MOUSE PRUFE II, Roach Killer
69. Mousetraps, Ant traps and cockroach magnets
70. Paper plates/cups/utensils (stock up, folks…)
71. Baby Wipes, oils, waterless and Anti-bacterial soap
(saves a lot of water)
72. Rain gear, rubberized boots, etc.
73. Shaving supplies
(razors and creams, talc, after shave)
74. Hand pumps and siphons
(for water and for fuels)
75. Soy sauce, vinegar, bouillons/gravy/soup base
76. Reading glasses
77. Chocolate/Cocoa/Tang/Punch (water enhancers)
79. Woolen clothing, scarves/ear-muffs/mittens
80. BSA – New 1998 – Boy Scout Handbook
(also, Leader’s Catalog)
81. Roll-on Window Insulation Kit (MANCO)
82. Graham crackers, saltines, pretzels, Trail mix/Jerky
83. Popcorn, Peanut Butter, Nuts
84. Socks, Underwear, T-shirts, etc. (extras)
85. Lumber (all types)
86. Wagons and carts
(for transport to and from open Flea markets)
87. Cots and Inflatable Mattresses (for extra guests)
88. Gloves: Work/warming/gardening, etc.
89. Lantern Hangers
90. Screen Patches, glue, nails, screws, nuts and bolts
94. Wine/Liquors (for bribes, medicinal, etc.)
95. Paraffin wax
96. Glue, nails, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
97. Chewing gum/candies
98. Atomizers (for cooling/bathing)
99. Hats and cotton neckerchiefs
© 2013, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at www.mitocopper.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" THEY don't want you to know!
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver! Desroys Viruses, Bacteria, Pathogens!
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy.
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup!
B-12 - Supports healthy metabolism, brain function, hormone balance!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Never Wax Your Car Again - Protects vehicles for years with dazzling shine!
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation! See Video!
Prodovite - The Secret To Healing is in the Blood!
|New Laser Blinds Attackers Instantly!||Bring
|NASA - US Faces 100 Year Drought!||Discovery
Bills by 65%