The Functional Herb Which Normalizes High Blood Pressure Quickly With No Adverse Effects
By Kyle J. Norton, Master of Nutrition
Good news to people with hypertension, Aloe Vera may be a potential and therapeutic agent for lowering high blood pressure a renowned University study suggested.
Hypertension is a condition of abnormal high blood pressure, leading to symptoms of headaches, shortness of breath or nosebleeds……
Hypertension is a measurement with home systolic/ diastolic BP > or = 135/85 mmHg.
According to statistic, he prevalence of hypertension affects over 39.4% for men and 29.3% for women in the Western World.
Prolong untreated hypertension is found to induce complications of strokes, heart attacks, heart failure, or kidney disease.
Some researchers suggested that patients who are actively in modulated daily high blood pressure may be benefits in reduced risk of stroke by 35%, heart attack by 20%, and heart failure by 50%.
According to the WHO-based Healthy Diet Indicator (HDI), the American Heart Association 2006 Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations(4),
* The prevalence of untreated hypertension and treated hypertension was 22.4% and 8.5%.
* Patients with untreated hypertension had significantly lower HDI and AI-84 scores compared with non-hypertension.
* After adjusting for age, energy intake, smoking habit, alcohol drinking, physical activity and salt intake, a low adherence to HDI and a lowest quartile of AI-84 score were associated with a significantly higher prevalence of untreated hypertension, with an OR of 3.33 (95% CI 1.39 to 7.94, p=0.007) and 2.23 (1.09 to 4.53, p=0.027), respectively.
These results are agreed to general and popular belief that unhealthy diet plays an important role in induction of high blood pressure. Furthermore, a lower dietary quality was associated with increased prevalence of untreated hypertension.
People who eat more fruits and vegetables in compared to average daily intake are associated to a significantly lower risk of hypertension.
Dr. Utsugi MT in the comparison of fruits and vegetable intake daily said, “the highest-tertile consumptions of fruits, vegetables, potassium, and vitamin C were associated with a significantly lower risk of hypertension (45%, 38%, 46%, and 43% lower risk of home hypertension, respectively(5)”.
Aloe Vera is species of succulent plant in the genus Aloe, belonging to the Family Xanthorrhoeaceae, native to Sudan. It has become very popular for commercial cultivation due to enormous health benefits. Aloe vera has also been used in herbal medicine in treating many kinds of disease, including wound, burn healing, minor skin infections, sebaceous cysts, diabetes, and elevated of cholesterol,
According to the Hamdard University ,aloeemodin, aloin A, a chemical compound found in Aloe Vera showed to express hypotensive effects by lower mean arterial blood pressure by 26 %, 52 %, and 79 % in the corresponding doses of 0.5, 1, and 3 mg/kg in animal study.
Dr. Saleem R, the lead author of the study suggested that Aloeemodin has emerged as a potent hypotensive agent in current pharmacological investigation.
In a total of In a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study, healthy, Aloe-emodin, another major chemical compound inhibited vascular smooth muscle stiffness, a condition in the development of hypertensio, involved cell in support structural and biochemical and interior surface of blood vessels.
In hypertension, increased large-artery stiffness is partly due to intrinsic mechanical properties of vascular smooth muscle cells.
More importantly, a smooth muscle cells derived from hypertensive and control rats study, treatment of Aloe-emodin also significantly reduced hypertension by improving elastic value of vascular smooth muscle cell , through it effects on vascular smooth muscle cell cytoskeletal proteins in regulated function of cell division.
Other researchers suggested that the anti hypertensive properties of Aloe-emodin may be a result of inhibition of tonic tension and regulated apoptosis, pro- and anti-apoptotic activities on vascular smooth muscle cells.
With all the information collected, Aloe Vera may have an anti hypertensive effect in regulated protein in cell production on vascular smooth muscle which is a main cause of high blood pressure,but more precised understanding may be necessary to reassess this pharmaceutical value.
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton(Scholar, Master of Nutrition), all right reserved.
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it’s news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada – Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Hypotensive effect of chemical constituents from Aloe barbadensis by Saleem R1, Faizi S, Siddiqui BS, Ahmed M, Hussain SA, Qazi A, Dar A, Ahmad SI, Qazi MH, Akhtar S, Hasnain SN.(PubMed)
(2) Increased vascular smooth muscle cell stiffness: a novel mechanism for aortic stiffness in hypertension by Sehgel NL1, Zhu Y, Sun Z, Trzeciakowski JP, Hong Z, Hunter WC, Vatner DE, Meininger GA, Vatner SF.(PubMed)
(3) Emodin inhibits tonic tension through suppressing PKCδ-mediated inhibition of myosin phosphatase in rat isolated thoracic aorta by Lim KM1, Kwon JH, Kim K, Noh JY, Kang S, Park JM, Lee MY, Bae ON, Chung JH.(PubMed)
(4) Diet quality and adherence to a healthy diet in Japanese male workers with untreated hypertension by Kanauchi M1, Kanauchi K(PubMed)
(5) Fruit and vegetable consumption and the risk of hypertension determined by self measurement of blood pressure at home: the Ohasama study by Utsugi MT1, Ohkubo T, Kikuya M, Kurimoto A, Sato RI, Suzuki K, Metoki H, Hara A, Tsubono Y, Imai(PubMed)
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver in destroying viruses, bacteria and other pathogens. See the videos and 50 page report!
Ultimate Curcumin - Most powerful natural pain relief you can buy. Reduce inflammation, depression, arthritis and so much more!
Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Read our amazing testimonials and experience vivid dreams again!
MitoCopper - First bioavailable copper cleans up your blood from pathogens and gives you more energy! Watch all videos on our website!
Prodovite - The Secret To Healing is in the Blood! Our nutrition is absorbed in 5 minutes! See the proof!