The greatest oracle of modern times is not a person but a process that is uncannily correct.
The RAND Corporation has developed the most accurate prediction process the world has ever seen. Called the Delphi Process after the Greek Oracle, in its first iteration 50 years ago, it correctly predicted 42 of 50 scientific developments. The report also discussed the desirability of a one world government, but gave the chance of it happening as nil.
RAND Corporation (Research ANd Development) began in 1946 as a research project (Project Rand) backed by a single client, the U.S. Army Air Forces. The project was developed at Douglas Aircraft in Santa Monica, California. In 1948, with Ford Foundation support, RAND became an independent, nonprofit research institution committed to exploring the most complex and consequential problems facing our society
RAND is a nonprofit global policy think tank first formed to offer research and analysis to the United States armed forces by Douglas Aircraft Company. It is currently financed by the U.S. government and private endowment, corporations including the healthcare industry, universities and private individuals. The organization has long since expanded to working with other governments, private foundations, international organizations, and commercial organizations on a host of non-defense issues. RAND aims for interdisciplinary and quantitative problem solving via translating theoretical concepts from formal economics and the hard sciences into novel applications in other areas; that is, via applied science and operations research. Michael D. Rich is president and chief executive officer of the RAND Corporation.
RAND developed the Delphi method in the 1950s, originally to forecast the impact of technology on warfare. The method entails a group of experts who anonymously reply to questionnaires and subsequently receive feedback in the form of a statistical representation of the ‘group response,’ after which the process repeats itself. The goal is to reduce the range of responses and arrive at something closer to expert consensus. The Delphi Method has been widely adopted and is still in use today.
The Delphi technique was refined at RAND, the Santa Monica, California, “think tank” in the early 1960s by Olaf Helmer, Nicholas Rescher, Norman Dalkey, and others . Its philosophical base was described by Helmer and Rescher (1959). Literally thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of studies requiring the elicitation and synthesis of expert judgments using this method have been conducted over the past decades since its introduction.
In 1964 the Rand Corporation carried out an experiment to predict the future. The result of that experiment was the ”REPORT ON A LONG—-RANGE FORECASTING STUDY” by T. J. Gordon and Olaf Helmer.
Here are the scientific predictions made in that 1964 report
1. Economically useful desalination of sea water (true)
2. Effective fertility control by oral contraceptive or other simple an inexpensive means (true)
3. Development of new synthetic material for ultra-light construction (true)
4. Automatic language translators (true)
5. New organ through transplanting or prosthesis (true)
6. Reliable weather forecasts (true)
7. Operation of a central data storage facility with wide access for general or specialized information retrieval (true)
8. Reformation of physical theory, eliminating confusion in quantum-relativity and simplifying particle theory (true to some extent, but they are still working on this one)
9. Implanted artificial organs made of plastic and electronic components (true)
10. Widespread and socially widely accepted use of nonnarcotic drugs (other than alcohol) for the purpose of producing specific changes in personality characteristics (too true)
11. Simulated emission (lasers) in the X and Gamma ray region of the spectrum (true)
12. Controlled Thermonuclear Power (not yet, but they are building the first fusion reactor)
13. Creation of a primitive form of artificial life in the form of self-replicating molecule. (true)
The synthetic cell looks identical to the ‘wild type
14. Economically useful exploitation of the ocean bottom through mining other than offshore oil drilling (not yet)
15. Feasibility of limited weather control in the sense of substantially affecting regional weather at acceptable cost (true)
16. Economic feasibility of commercial generation of synthetic protein for food (true)
17. Increase by an order of magnitude in the relative number of psychotic case amenable to physical or chemical therapy (true)
18. Biochemical general immunization against bacterial and viral diseases (partially true)
19. Feasibility (not necessarily acceptable of chemical control over some hereditary defects by modification of genes through molecular engineering) (true)
20. Economically useful exploitation of the ocean through farming with the effect of producing at least 20% of the world’s food. (partially true, 20% of world’s protein comes from Ocean, but not all is farmed, 50% of seafood is now farmed)
21. Biochemicals to stimulate the growth of new organs or limbs. (true with stem cells)
22. Feasibility of using drugs to raise the level of intelligence (other than as dietary supplements and not in the sense of temporarily raising the level of perception (true)
23. Man-machine symbiosis, enabling man to extends his intelligence to direct electromechanical interacticon between his brain and a computing machine. (true)
24. Chemical control of the aging process, permitting extension of life span by 50 years (not yet, but soon perhaps)
25. Two-way communication with extra-terrestrials (depends on who you talk to, but publicly false)
26. Increase by a factor of 10 in capital investment in computers used for automated process control (true)
27. Air traffic control–positive and predictive track on all aircraft (true)
28. Direct link from stores to banks to check credit and record transactions (true)
29. Widespread use of simple teaching machines (true with personal computer)
30. Automation of office work and services, leading to displacement of 25% of the current work force (true?)
31. Education becoming a respectable leisure pastime (somewhat true)
32. Widespread use of sophisticated teaching machines (true with personal computer)
33. Automatic libraries, looking up and reproducing copy (true, the Internet)
34. Automated looking up of legal information (true)
35. Automatic language translator- correct grammar (partially true, grammar still a problem)
36. Automated rapid transit (partially true)
37. Widespread use of automatic decision-making at the management level for industrial and national planning (false)
38. Electronic prosthesis (radar for the blind, servomechanical limbs etc) (true)
39 Automated interpretation of medical symptoms (true)
40. Construction of a production line of computers with motivation by education (true)
41. Widespread use of robot services, for refuse collection, as household slaves as sewer inspectors, etc (partially true. True in factors and for inspections, not for household slaves but that is now being developed in Europe and Japan)
42. Widespread use of computers in tax collection with access to all business records, automatic single tax deduction (partially true)
43. Availability of a machine which comprehends standard IQ tests and scores above 150 (where comprehend is to be interpreted behavioristically as the ability to respond to questions printed in English and possibly accompanied by diagrams.(partially true)
44. Evolution of a universal language for automated communication (true)
45. Automating voting in the sense of legislating through automated plebiscite (false)
46. Automated highways and adaptive automobile autopilots (partially true)
47. Remote facsimile newspapers and magazines printed in home. (true)
48. Man-machine symbiosis, enabling man to extend his intelligence by direct electromechanical interaction between the brain and a computing machine. (true)
49. International agreements which guarantee certain economic minim to the world population as a result of high production form automation. (false)
50. Centralized (possibly random) wire tapping (too true)
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.