Better Ways to Spend Your Free Time
Let’s face it, America has gone absolutely mad both politically and socially and it’s no wonder since we are constantly deluged with demented, depraved and destructive messages, programs and instruction from every possible avenue of approach into our lives. Politicians and our federal courts have embraced authoritarianism and daily betray their oaths to uphold and defend the constitution. The entertainment industry – sports included – constantly tell us that the more depraved your behavior the better. They push programs that are anti-family, anti-liberty and anti-intellectual and they broadcast messages that would have you believe that race relations today are worse than they were in the 1850s. Our education institutions have substantially lowered academic standards and have embraced the Orwellian Newspeak of political correctness. In this new paradigm students are no longer educated but rather indoctrinated. The goal of all of this, of course, is to create the conditions for a Marxist totalitarian state to replace our Constitutional Republic. We do not have to accept any of this, of course, and we need to act locally, and quickly, to preserve our sanity, peace, liberty and prosperity. With this in mind, here are ten things you can do in your free time instead of watching political propaganda in professional sports, movies and on late night television.
- Turn off the television. Television programs today have nothing to offer beyond the social justice agenda, outright propaganda supporting the rise of an authoritarian state, and the destruction of our country’s core values. If you want to know why so many of our fellow citizens exhibit ill manners, narcissism, childish behavior and violence just send a day watching mainstream television. Television is a tool to manufacture consent for the progressive agenda. Plus, television watching makes people stupid. This is yet another reason to turn it off.
- Pick up a book. We live in a time in which all of the great works of classic literature are being purged from our education institutions and are being replaced by poorly written and emotionally charged works designed to socially engineer society to accept the destruction of Western Civilization and all of its beauty. We need to preserve the great works of Melville, Faulkner, Twain, Hemingway, Orwell, Locke, Rousseau, Shakespeare, Smith, Cervantes, Aurelius, Socrates, Plato and others who both entertain and educate us and force us to think critically.
- Get outdoors. The proponents of lockdowns are enjoying the fact that many people have sequestered themselves inside their houses, fearful to go out but for a few minutes while “masked up” for fear of a virus that has a mortality rate equal to the seasonal flu. Confining yourself indoors means not only that you are blindly submitting to the commands of a master, thereby enhancing the power of your master to rule over you, but you are also losing out on great experiences that enhance your self-sufficiency skills. You’re missing opportunities to challenge yourself to grow physically, mentally and spiritually. It’s time to get outside and go camping, fishing, hiking and running. Enjoy the air and the sun – they’re good for you!
- Plant a garden and grow your own food. Spring time is nearly here and with rising food prices in the stores and greater price inflation on the way there is no better time to get out and learn how to grow your own food. Planting a garden and raising your own food is a very enjoyable experience and there are a number of books, Rumble or Brighteon videos and podcasts on the subject that can keep you busy for days on end. There is no end to what you can learn about gardening and once you get into it you’ll find it to be extremely satisfying.
- Become a Prepper. Let’s face it we’ve seen spontaneous shortages appear in supermarkets all across the country at various times and these shortages are going to get worse. High inflation and high unemployment is a recipe for financial disaster for the average American household so learning what to stock up on, how much to store, how to preserve your preps and when to rotate through them requires more thought and planning than you may think. Fortunately there are several resources online as well as books that can teach you the ins and outs of prepping. All prepping means is preparing for hard times ahead of time. It’s better to have and not need than to need and not have.
- Learn to shoot. Learning the art of employing a firearm for self-defense is something every patriotic American should be doing. This not only includes knowing how to shoot tactically and for your self-defense but also how to break down and properly clean and maintain your firearm, how to store it properly, and how to educate others on these matters as well as on the right to bear arms. For those looking for even more of a challenge, learning to become a gun smith may be a satisfying experience. It can also be a secondary source of income.
- Learn a martial art or two. Being proficient with a firearm for self-defense is great but what if you’ve been disarmed or don’t have access to a working firearm? Would you be able to defend yourself? A physically and emotionally strong person skilled in martial arts has a distinct advantage over someone who is physically and emotionally weak or is unskilled in martial arts and guess what? Most criminals do not know how to fight very well. If you become proficient in hand to hand combat you’ll be able to easily ward of unarmed threats when you yourself happen to be unarmed. Don’t look for fitness martial arts classes, however. Look for real fighting classes where you’ll learn to spar with instructors and other classmates. You need to know how to fight on and off your feet so we recommend Muay Thai, Boxing, Karate as well as Judo, Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling.
- Get your amateur radio (Ham Radio) License. Learning how to communicate using amateur radio will mean you will have a skill that allows you to communicate with others across the country from the comfort of your own home. You’ll be able to provide assistance, guidance, advice and a means to connect with other citizens as well as first responders and local agencies during times of natural disaster, acts of terrorism or even war. Most people do not realize the technical expertise that is required for radio communication beyond the use of walkie-talkies.
- Learning to pilot a plane or boat. Having a self-reliant way to travel means more freedom and independence for you and your family. It also means that you can rapidly escape to safe zones should you experience natural disasters or acts of terrorism, riots or war in your area. If you live near a major river or the ocean then get proficient in boating and sailing powered and unpowered craft. Getting a pilot’s license is self-explanatory. When trouble comes to your neck of the woods you can rapidly relocate to safe zones by air. Both of these modes of transportation can also be a secondary source of income for other seeking to travel on vacations or relocate permanently.
- Get spiritual. We are living in a time in which many Americans have lost or turned their back on their religion and faith and this translates into a life of corruption, bad manners and immorality. At the same time there has been a corruption of religion as we are witnessing allegedly Christian churches directly sign onto immoral and depraved behavior. The church is in crisis and in many places churches are led by immoral people, who celebrate and engage in depravity, or weak people who have allowed themselves to be bullied by leftist politicians, special interest groups and the social justice mob. It’s time to find your spiritual grounding, embrace the Biblical values of our past and celebrate the traditional role of faith in American culture. Embracing these values and morals will also serve you well in the hard times ahead.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.