What a year. In reviewing my goals from last year, looks like I got way off track, but I’m very pleased with what I accomplished.
This year, I:
- Was a panelist at Radcon.
- Went to Rainforest Writer’s Retreat and met lots of amazing people.
- Sold a story to a pro-paying market, Crossed Genres. It will also come out in a print anthology this year.
- Gave one reading (at Radcon).
- Released Emerald City Dreamer in print.
- I got diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. And started becoming an expert on autism.
- And now for something completely different, I wrote a 150,000 word nonfiction book, Releasing Agency: Lifting the Veil of Mormon Mind Control.
One reason I didn’t accomplish all of my 2013 goals is because of that little sidetrack. It’s a book I had thought about writing based on my mind control website in 2005, forgotten about, and then on a whim decided to crank it out “real quick”. The effort took 7 months (with distractions in between). It is currently out to alpha readers.
Emerald City Iron made it through the writer’s group, and is ready for the next round of edits, when I can get to it.
I have a bunch of stories to submit, and one in particular is totally publishable. It’s been rejected twice, both with a personal note from the editor, so I know it will sell. I just have to get it, and the others, out there. I set the bar pretty high for myself. I currently only submit stories to pro-paying markets until those venues are exhausted, and then I might send it to semi-pro markets. My time and splines are fairly limited, so I’d rather spend time aiming at high targets, being a perfectionist, and working on totally unplanned projects.
So my goals for this year:
- Publish Recovering Agency in print and ebook.
- Market Recovering Agency, including launching a new website and giving interviews.
- Be a panelist at Radcon again.
- Be invited as a visiting pro at another con for 2015. Norwescon would be nice.
- Speak at Defcon.
- Speak elsewhere, either a seminar, or Exmormon Foundation, or some convention related to cults or religion, on the topic of mind control.
- Write a whole bunch of blog posts on autism and mind control.
- Release Emerald City Iron.
- Complete a major step in a novel: Either write the first draft of the next Dreams by Streetlight book or the second draft of The Sun Never Rises.
- Sell two stories to pro-paying markets. I’d really love to sell to an anthology.
If that seems like alot, it’s because it is. So we’ll see. There’s a significant chance I will be caught up in marketing Recovering Agency for many months. It’s already generated plenty of interest. I need to be okay with dropping many of the above goals in trade for promoting a book that could really help people. And maybe pay some bills in the process.
So here’s to 2014. May it be a very good year for all of us. Luna Lindsey (link: http://www.lunalinsey.com) is an indie author of speculative fiction. Her blog covers many topics, including books, writing, feminism, humor, geek culture, political philosophy, weird photos, and random musings.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.