Saturday Share Recipe: Tex-Mex Rice
In Texas, what most people call Mexican food is what we call Tex-Mex because it’s not traditional Mexican fare. It’s the best of both worlds, and it’s what we eat quite often.
When we go Don Ramon or Papasito, I like the rice best of all.
It has a wonderful aroma and subtle spicy flavor, It’s good by itself or mixed with fajita meat or charro beans.
Even better, combine fajita meat, charro beans, and rice in a tortilla. Roll it up and you’ll have a quick meal that will excite your taste buds.
If you have any leftover rice, make a casserole with ground beef, Rotel tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese. (If you want that recipe, leave a comment and I’ll publish it next Saturday.)
MI CASA RICE
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups long grain rice
1 small to medium onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 medium to large tomato, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspooon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
5 cups chicken broth
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. (Use a pan with a lid because you’ll cover it later.)
2. Add rice and stir until the kernels are golden brown.
3. Add onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Saute until onion looks clear.
4. Stir in tomato sauce, broth, garlic powder, cumin, chile powder, and salt. Mix well.
5. Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to low, and cover with lid.
6. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. (Every stove has a different simmer heat level so it may take less time or more time for the liquid to be absorbed and the rice to be done and fluffy, but not gummy.)
I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as I do. Let me know if you want the recipe for Enchilada Pie using leftover Tex-Mex Rice.
Joan Reeves aka SlingWords: The Word Slinging Adventures of Joan Reeves
Anyone can join.
Anyone can contribute.
Anyone can become informed about their world.
"United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).