How To Use Business Storytelling To Captivate Any Audience written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Janine Kurnoff. Janine is the co-founder of The Presentation Co and co-author of Everyday Business Storytelling: Create, Simplify, and Adapt A Visual Narrative for Any Audience 1st Edition.
We’re living in a really noisy time where we’re constantly marketed to. Storytelling helps us break through the noise, and it helps us be heard in an authentic way — because in order to craft a narrative, you really have to walk in your audience’s shoes.
Business storytelling is this idea of taking the concepts of classic storytelling and then helping those of us in the business world make it practical and relevant. Janine Kurnoff has developed a simple, repeatable framework to help you turn your ideas and insights into an authentic, persuasive story. In this episode, Janine Kurnoff and I dive further into how to develop compelling business narratives.
Questions I Ask Janine Kurnoff:
- [1:30] Why are all marketers telling us to tell stories?
- [2:57] You have a very scientific, brain-driven framework for storytelling – can you unpack that a little bit?
- [4:21] Out of the four signposts of a good story (settings, characters, conflict, and resolution) what are the ones people screw up the most?
- [5:32] Can you give me an example of setting, character, and conflict?
- [7:26] What role does the storyteller play?
- [9:17] Do you always need conflict and do you have to create conflict when it doesn’t exist?
- [12:13] When you’re giving people advice on what they should and shouldn’t do in their slide decks, what are the five things they should never do?
- [14:20] Is there a difference in how presentations should be done depending upon the audience size or location (Zoom or in-person)?
- [19:55] Where can people find out more about your work and your book?
- Her book: Everyday Business Storytelling: Create, Simplify, and Adapt A Visual Narrative for Any Audience 1st Edition
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Fiverr Business.
Fiverr Business connects your team with expert freelancers and provides a powerful workspace to manage all your projects and budgets more efficiently. You get access to a curated catalog of top outsourced talent in 500+ categories – already vetted for quality and experience. You can create projects, approve budgets, and manage your freelancing activity in one workspace.
They help you succeed by providing you with designated Business Success Managers to help all your accounts match the right talent for every task and make the most of each tool for success while providing priority customer support. Sign-up for Fiverr Business for free.
Bio: John Jantsch is a marketing consultant and author of Duct Tape Marketing[www.ducttapemarketing.com] and The Referral Engine[www.referralenginebook.com] and the founder of the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.[www.ducttapemarketingconsultant.com]
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.